3). Fry Thief

Beverly pulls out her phone and goes to Spotify. "So Richie, what's your favorite band?" "I like PUP and the Frights..."
(Two bands I actually like, they have good songs that I love.)
"Here, choose a song." She hands me her phone as she puts the nail polish away. I decide to play "Kids" by The Frights and "Sleep in the Heat" by PUP.

I bob my head as I listen to the songs, admiring my nails. Beverly starts on homework.

"Yesterday I went back to the apartment to see how you've been holding up. You hadn't been eating, I thought you were sleeping, but your not waking up!"

I start tapping my foot as I walk over to the fridge. Empty. A frown forms on my face. Beverly notices. "Hey Rich- I mean Richie. Do you wanna go to get something to eat?" "I mean yeah but I don't have that type of money..." I looked at my shoes and fumbled with my fingers, still admiring my nails. "Richie... How do you eat then, if you don't mind me asking."

"I had some money, my neighbors know what I'm going through, but I stopped asking for money since I know I would have to pay them back." My eyes go back and forth from Beverly and the ground. Her arms spread open and she pulls me into a hug, I don't hug back since she wrapped her arms around mine. I'm not a fan of hugging anyways.

"Come on I'll pay for it." She smiled and motioned me to the door and we left. "Is it okay if we walk?" I glanced at her, afraid to ask. "Yeah I walk everywhere. Could I stay here?" "Sure, I mean I don't have anything for other people, you could sleep in my bed if you're comfortable with that." I offered a small smile. "Sure." She returned one.

"Hi welcome to The diner what could I get for you?" A boy with a nice skin color asked. "Oh hi Beverly." He smiled, it faded when he looked to me. "Hi..." I whispered. I smiled a bit and put my head in my hands, putting my glasses on the table. Stressed.

"I'll get some fries and a water. Richie what about you?" She said rubbing my shoulder. Trying to comfort me. "I'll take a chocolate milkshake please." I glanced over, and smiled. Still not able to see if he was smiling at me. He wasn't. I put my head onto the table as Beverly put her hands through my hair.

"Beverly, nobody likes me." "I'm sorry hun, I'm not sure how to help. I'm sure Mike could get closer to you if you talked to him more." "Never mind." Picking my head up as Mike brought our stuff. "Thank you Mike, come sit with us." "Sure."  Mike sat down beside Beverly and stole a couple fries. "You stole my fries, you thief." She laughed as he put his head on her shoulder. I took a sip of my milkshake.

"Mike this is Richie. Richie this is Mike." "Hi Richie." He sent a smile. "Hi Micycle." "I'm sorry what?!" Beverly laughed hard. "Micycle... that's his new nickname." "I like it." Mike laughed and high-fived me.
The whole night we joked around and laughed. I haven't laughed that much in months.

Maybe it is fun to have friends. Are they my friends though? Probably...

"I Don't Need Help" //Reddie AU जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें