37). Dark Circles

(Panic/Anxiety attack, mention of death, a bit of relationship abuse)
17/17
Friday, November 17th 2019
*Eddies POV
Today was a great day, besides my mom passing, Richie making me leave and Connor. But overall it's been great. I lay in the guest bedroom staring at the ceiling. My fingers find my arms, my nails dig into them.

Waves crash violently, like every other time. My breathing quickens, tears fall. I let out a loud whimper, soon a full scream into a pillow. Stanley runs into the room. "Come on Eddie, breathe. You're okay breathe." He jumps into bed with me, holding me close.

It's not the same warmth but it's still helping.

*Stanley's POV
Eddies whimpers slow down, faint snores fill the room. I lay him down and walk back to my room. Bill rolls over. His arm not finding anything. Soon it frantically searches the spot I once laid. Sitting up quickly he looks around the dark room. "Stanley? Stanley? Baby where are you?" It breaks my heart to hear him like that. "I'm here." I jump back into bed. His arms loosely lay around my waist. We both fall asleep.

*Eddies POV
My eyes flutter open.

6:20 am

School. I don't wanna go but I have to. I grab clothes and make my way to the bathroom.

6:30 am
Walking down the stairs fully dressed I decide to eat something. Cereal. The usual.

6:40 am
Stanley and Bill come down the stairs fully dressed and ready. "You're using the backpack!" Stanley gets excited. "Yeah I love it, thank you." "I'm g-gonna go g-get in the c-car." Bill smiles and grabs the keys.

We all get in the car and leave.

Once at school I make my way to my locker. Putting everything that I don't need in there. A voice startles me "Eds where were you last night?" His voice full of concern. Closing my locker I brush past him, to my first class.

"Mr. Kaspbrak, where were you yesterday?!" "I'm sorry I didn't come I had family problems." "I don't believe that, where were you?" "I couldn't come, family problems." I repeat myself knowing where this is gonna go. "Mr. Kaspbrak-" i interrupt her harshly.

"My fucking mom died last night what else am I supposed to say!" The room grows silent, Beverly grabs onto my wrist making me sit down. Every pair of eyes land on me. "Oh fuck off!" Beverlys read my mind. Everyone turns around, the teacher starts the lesson.

*Lunch Time.
Basically everyone is mad at Richie. But we're all still his friends, the Losers. "Hey guys." Richies voice quiet. "How are you Trashmouth." Mike smiles. Like always he never chooses a side, and he's always smiling. "I'm okay."

Dark circles underneath his eyes have grew since yesterday. No jokes, no laughs. "Eddie, I'm sorry." "Cool." I sit with Ben and continue the conversation Richie interrupted. "Please Eddie, I'm sorry." His hand rest on his stomach. "What happened? Your stomach?" "I rather not say."

We jump up and go into the bathroom. My hand intertwined with his as we walk quickly. Richies pace isn't as fast as it usually is, most likely meaning he didn't sleep. "Hurry up Richie."