18). Matching up

*Eddies POV
I stayed with Richie for a while. We watched movies and talked a bit. "Richie...I want your friends to like me again..." "Oh yeah...I'm sorry about that." He throws an arm over me. Pulling me a bit closer. A shiver goes down my spine. My head lays on his chest.

Why him though...

*Knock Knock*
I sit up a bit. "Come in!" "Hey R-Richie we b-brought- what is he doing here?!" Bill furrows his brows in confusion. "I told him to come over..." Richie looks at the ground remembering what he did.

"I don't think he should be here." Stanley admits. Ben pulls his shoulder back a bit. "Stop being rude... it's not your choice anyways." Ben tries to say it in the nicest way possible.

"Fine." Stanley sits on the opposite end of Richie and I, Bill sits beside him. "I'll be back..." I walk down the hall, trying to find the bathroom. No luck. I find Richies room. He wouldn't be mad if I looked around?

*Richies POV
Eddie stands up and walked through the hallway, most likely not knowing where to go. "Listen guys...I lied." I frown knowing they would be disappointed. "About?" Mike face sketched with confusion. "Eddie didn't...he didn't hurt me at the hospital,I lied." Everyone blinks a bit.

*Eddies POV
Sitting on his bed I realize how messy his room is.

How does he live like this?

I look around, his walls bare. Besides 2 photos above his bed frame. A photo of Mike, Beverly and Richie at a diner. Richies smile bigger than any smile people have seen. And another with Stanley Mike Beverly and then again, Richies big smile.

His smile makes my cheeks burn, my heart flutters. I need to go back to the living room.

I walk through the hallway, looking at the bare walls. Someone stops me and wraps me into a hug, where I can't move my arms. "I'm s-sorry I d-didn't know..." "Oh, it's okay." Bill lets go and we walk back I to the living room. "I'm sorry..." Stanley whispers. Everyone nods their head.

Richie puts his arm around my back and pulls me close. It's a friend thing right? Looking at his fingernails his black polished is chipped, it suits him.

"So I have a question... can I paint your nails again Richie?" Beverly asks as she goes through her bag.

Stanley and Bill both sit together talking about some type of birds Mike and Ben play a board game Ben brought. "Sure, how about you Eds?" Richie pulls his arms toward Beverly and she starts to paint them. "I can't, my mom would kill me, and don't call me Ed's." I frown looking away. "Oh." He says softly the chuckling over the nickname.

*Richies POV when Eddie was in his room*

"So you lied?" Beverly speaks up for the first time in a bit. "Yeah, I don't know why..." "I'm not sure how to react to that, but I forgive you." Mike smiles at me. "Thank you Micycle." I smile back, soon everyone forgives me. And Eddie comes back.

*Richies POV after Eddie came back*
"I can't, my mom would kill me, and don't call me Ed's." Eddie says with a small frown. "Oh" I whisper looking away, smiling over the nickname that Eddie is annoyed about. Eddie slowly scoots closer and closer to me, so he could look over my shoulder onto my nails. His head resting on mine.

*Eddies POV
Slowly I scoot closer and closer to Richie, he's probably noticed but who knows. Soon our legs are touching and my chin on his shoulder. I rest my head against his, then our breathing patterns match up.

—————————————————

Word Count:626