25). A Thank You Smile

*Eddies POV
Richie wraps his arms around me as I cover my red face. "You guys stop flirting and let's all hang out." Stanley laughs tugging Bill to cuddle with him. "We're not flirting, I don't like him like that." Richie pushes me up playfully.

His words cut me, deep.

I laugh it off and sit at the end of the couch. "OH I FORGOT!" Richie yells, startling everyone. "Tomorrow is Eddies birthday!" Everyone has different reactions. Beverly surprised, Stanley annoyed and Mike a little annoyed . Bill not fazed and Ben smiling. "Jesus Rich." I say, slapping his arm.

"It had to be done. Now tomorrow we're- never mind, Moving in! Let's go to the diner." Richie smiles, pulling me up by my hand. Intertwining our fingers. Stanley snickering.

*At the Diner
We sit at a booth and add an extra chair at the table. Bill Richie and Ben at one end, Bill near the window. On the other side is Stanley, near the window. Me and then Beverly. Mike sitting on the chair at the table.

Stanley grabs Bills hands, Ben and Beverly share a milkshake. No one knew they were together until just now. I look down at the table, my hands on my legs.

Time to makes move I guess?

Richie puts his elbows on the table to hold his head up. I move my foot closer to his. His eyes wander up. I look away trying not to blush, to late.

"Here's your food, enjoy." The waiter smiles and walks away. Everyone got something except Richie. I give him a look he understands.

Aren't you hungry?

He shakes his head no. Since I only got some fries I push them towards Richie a bit. He blinks at the food a couple times until he picks a fry up. He smiles.

A thank you smile.

Later we all get done with our food and decide to all go home. "Bye g-guys." Stanley and Bill leave together towards some stores, and so does Ben Beverly and Mike. The three head towards the park.

Richie and I walk down the side walk in silence. It starts to get dark. And cold. I inch closer so try to get a bit a warmth off of Richie. "Are you cold?" Richies hands in his pockets as he watched the ground. "A bit." He stops in place, which makes me stop for some reason.

His arms go around me, a hug. His arms around my head. His jacket still on him but he hugs me with it, if that makes sense. My arms fully wrap around him. His ribs tense up, meaning I hit his side. I look up at him.

No words.

I have nothing to say.

He smiles and hands me his jacket.

The sleeves long, and it going down to my mid-thigh. I zip it up, it's a simple zip up black hoodie. I put the hood up and giggle as I look up at him. He smiles and starts to walk again.

It smells like him, this is great.

We're still friends in his eyes.