14).Yelling

*Speaking of a little bit of blood*
*Eddies POV
I glance back at Richie, he smiles at Stanley as Stanley whispers in his ear. Soon after driving for about 3 minutes we make it to the hospital, Mike, Bill and Ben pulling up behind us.

"Hi he was stabbed about 3-4 times in the stomach." I greet the front office receptionist. "The doctors will take him back right away." He says using a color code for the doctors to come to them.

Stanley holds Richie up on his shoulders and one doctor takes Richie and puts him on a stretcher. Beverly starts to sob. "It's okay Beverly come on lets sit down." I grab onto her and we sit down. Dry blood all over our hands, upper arms and clothes.

*An hour later*
The doctor comes back and Beverly is the first to greet him. The doctor explains Richie will be fine but someone will have to stay with him.

(I'm not sure what organs would be affected if you get stabbed so I'm not gonna say what they had to do for him to live bc idk)

"I w-would stay with h-him but my family d-doesn't like him v-very well because o-of our h-history." Bill mumbles looking down at his feet. "I have to work at the farm." Mike says.

"So nobody can stay with him?" Beverlys face turns red with anger. "I could... but I don't think he likes me." I say fumbling with my hands. "Please Eddie I'm sure he likes you. I'll do anything." Beverly begs me. "Fine...we need to talk to him first."

The doctor takes us to his room. Richie lays there, unconscious. His shirt off and bandages wrapped around his torso.

He looks peaceful.

His chest rising and falling slowly, his glasses askew on his face. I walk over to his side, taking them off slowly. Making him wake a bit. "I'm sorry." I sit down as he looks at me.

Smiling.

A beautiful one.

"It's okay, who are you?" He croaks. "Eddie." I whisper knowing he won't be happy I'm here. "Oh, where are all my friends?" He whispers reaching for his glasses which I placed on my lining of my shirt.

His trembling fingers slowly grab his glasses, his fingers barley touching my neck. Making me shiver a bit.

"They're right there." I point over to everyone. Grabbing his glasses and putting them on the bridge of his nose. His neck slowly turning towards everyone. He smiles. "Hi everyone." He smiles brighter seeing everyone's face.

His smile slowly fades into a frown noticing the dried blood on their arms and clothes. "Was it bad?" He looks at Stanley who puts a hand on his shoulder. "Yes but we're glad you're awake now."

A smile grows slowly on his face as everyone puts a hand on him. I sit there, staring at the floor. "Richie we'll all be right back..." Beverly glances at me and motioned everyone out.

"So...what happened?" Richie breaks the thick silence. "We're not sure but you got stabbed 3-4 times." I frown looking down at his bandages. "Oh..." he blinks slowly and looks in the opposite direction.

"Richie... the doctor said someone would have to stay with you until you got better..." " I can take care of myself." His voice harsh. "No one can stay with you...except me." "I don't need some random kid staying with me." His face full of confusion but tiredness.

"Richie..." "No you're not staying with me." I understand why he's so harsh. Everyone in our grade knows how mean he is. "But the-" he interrupts me. "I don't care about what the doctor says youre not staying with me!!" He sits up a bit to only groan loudly in pain. I stand up and start walking towards the door.

My eyes water as the rest of them walk into the room. "Did you h-hurt him?!" Bill walks over to me stopping me in my tracks. He towers above me. Aggressively.

"N-no I was talking to him..." "He did..." Richie glares at me, his eyes stabbing me in the back. "What the Fuck!" Stanley walks over to me. Bill starts to push me until Stanley stops him. "Leave now!" Stanley yells. "But I didn't-" Bill pushes me out of the room where I fall onto the my knees in the hallway.