16). Silence

*Richies POV
I slowly walk back to class. One of the classes I have with Stanley, the one before lunch.

He sees the hurt in my face as I sit down. "Are you okay Richie?" He slithers a arm around my shoulder. "Y-yeah I'm fine." I send a faint smile that Stanley doesn't believe.

"Don't worry staniel I'm fine." I give a bigger smile and put my head on his shoulder. My eye drift until I fall asleep.

*Stanleys POV
Richie puts his head on my shoulder and falls asleep. His breathing matching mine. He seems hurt, mentally.
"Alright class, time for lunch, go."

I put my hand oh Richies cheek. "Richie come on, its lunch time." He slowly lifts his head up, rubbing his eyes. "I'm coming..." We both make our way to lunch.

*Richies POV
I sit down at our lunch table. "Hey R-Richie." Bill pats my shoulder and sits next to Stanley. "Hi guys...you know I'm fine, right?" "We're your friends and we want to take care of you." Mike sits in front of me. "That's the thing, I can take care of myself." Beverly furrows her brows and doesn't say anything.

"I'm sorry but I've stayed home alone for about 5 years, I'm fine." I say, a shocked face grows on their faces besides Bills. "Yeah my mom left when I was 13, never came back." I smiled weakly at everyone. Bill stands up and walks over to someone. Eddie.

"How c-could you?!" "What do you mean?" Bill pushes Eddies food down. "After he was stabbed you hurt him!" Bill towers over Eddie, holding onto his shirt collar. "I promise you, I didn't do anything...!" Eddies knees almost give out. Bill raises his fist.

"STOP!" I say.

what am I doing?

"Bill leave him alone..."

Why am I standing up for him?

"R-Richie, he hurt you..."

No he didn't...

Bills eyes stay on Eddies face, Eddie looks from me to Bill. Eddies eyes plead with words.

Help...please tell the truth... I'll do anything.

"Go sit down Bill..." "R-Richie no-" "Bill... please." Bill let's go of Eddie, he almost falls to the ground.

Hurt in his eye grow stronger.

"I'm sorry about th-" "Fuck off..." Eddie runs out of the cafeteria, I stay in place. It gets silent until I look into the crowd. They look away.

"Richie come on..." Stanley whispers.

What about Eddie...

Grabbing my hand and dragging me back to the table. Everyone in the cafeteria starts to talk again.

*Eddies POV
Running to the bathroom my legs became weak. I still pushed on. No teacher stopped me because there isn't any in the hallways.

      Why...I just wanna help.

My brain flashes to time I've seen Richie.

He smiled at a joke Stanley had made, giggling a bit.

He rode his skateboard to school and walked in with his friends.

His face full with pure happiness, simply by talking to Ben.

His friend group laughing at a joke he made as they walked into school.

Him and Bill nudging each other while walking down the hallway, trying to make each other bump into other students.

His eyes focusing on parts of my face.

                   First my lips

                Then my nose...

             Then my cheeks....

              Then my eyes.....  

                          Why?

                         Why

                             Do

                              I

                         Have

                              A

                     Crush on

                         Him...