36). Leaving

*Richies POV (before the quarry)
"I'm glad we're back together." I admit. We hold each other. "Me too." He stares into my eyes, his lips soft looking. Mine connect with his.

"Hey Richie, can I um-" His face fills with confusion and embarrassment. "Never mind." He walks down the stairs. I hear the door slam shut. "Who is he?" "He's my best friend Eddie, when I got stabbed by Patrick, he has to help me." "Well now you've got me." "Yeah but his mom passed away last night, he has no where to stay." I smile weakly.

"Can he move somewhere else?" His voice sweet but demanding. "I- no I want him to stay here." "I wanna stay with you, if I'm staying then he has to leave." "No Connor, he's staying." I say sternly. My hand pull his hips closer to me. His arms go around the back of my neck"No Richie he-"

"Connor he's staying!!" My voice startles both of us. His eyes look away, a tear falls. "Oh no, I'm sorry Connor don't cry. Please don't cry baby." We hug tightly. "Come on lets go to the quarry." I smile after we get dressed.

*At the quarry*
Eddie Stanley and Bill arrive the latest. "Hey Ed's!" I wave at them but Connor pushes my hand down. "He's leaving right?" He whispers. "Yes, No...yes." By Connors reaction I have to make the decision. I frown but continue to talk to the others.

*Later that day
After splashing each other and playing chicken we all sit down and air dry. Eddie walks over to me and sits beside me. "Richie you need bandages on your stomach." He looks at the water. "Okay." I lay down on my back. He inspects my stomach and goes to get his new fanny pack.

"Here." He puts bandages over the 4 spots. "Thank you Eds." "Not my name." He sadly rolls his eyes and walks away, sitting beside Beverly and Ben. "He's leaving right?" "Yes Connor he is leaving!" I instantly regret raising my voice.

Eddies eyes shoot over to me. Filled with anger, sadness and confusion. He blinks away the tears, standing up and walking away. Everyone bitterly glances at me. The only thing I can do is follow him.

"Eddie come back please." I run to him. "Eddie please." I finally stop him and face him. "What's wrong- I mean I'm sorry." "Okay." "Oh, okay then?" "No, it's not okay." Tears stream down his face angrily.

"Richie you're making me leave. After what has happened in the last 24 hours! You don't see this but I- never mind." We both stand there staring into each other's eyes. He pulls my head down to his level. His lips crash into mine. "I-I'm sorry." He walks away. I stand there stunned. Luckily no one saw.

*Eddies POV
I pull his head down to my level. I kiss him. Why? I don't know but it's made me wanna kiss him again.

I finally reach Richies house. I grab all of my stuff. My clothes, birthday gifts and stuff from the bathroom. Leaving the gifts he got me on his bed, also leaving bandages on his bed.

                  Stanley🤩
E:Is your front door unlocked?
S: no but there is a key underneath a rock.
E: thank you
S: you're welcome, stay for however long you like.
E: You're a great person Stanley :)
S: :')
E:please don't tell Richie I'm here.
S:he'll question where you are. But I won't
E:Thank you