26). Once full of Terror, now full of Peace.

17/17
(Tw:Sadness/Death and a bit of abuse)

*Eddies POV
Walking into Richies home feels nice. What makes it better is that I'm wearing his jacket.

By 11:30 I get a text.

                        Mommy
Sonia:S
S:Eddie-bear, where are you?
E:I'm gonna stay with a friend for a couple days...
S:We never agreed to this, you know I need help.
E:Mommy, I don't want to help you anymore.
S:Eddie-Bear! It'll kill me!
E:Mommy you're fine by yourself, you go out every week.
S:That's because I know you're safe, please come home. I'm not feeling well.
E:No mommy, I'm staying where I am.
S:Eddie-Bear! I am your mother!
E:I understand that but I'm not gonna help you anymore.
S:58?$8&@9$(((8(;;5
E:Mommy?

11:35pm
E:Mommy? are you there?

11:58pm
I get a call.
??:Is this Edward Kaspbrak?
E:Yes. Who is this?
I stand up and walk around the living room.
D:This is your mother's doctor I'm sorry to inform you this, but-
The last sentence turned into whispers.

12:00 am

I scream. My lungs give out, and so do my legs.

Richie runs through the house. I fall onto my knees, gasping for air. Tears streaming down my face. He basically jumps down the stairs. He comes to me, wrapping me in a hug. "What's wrong? Eddie breath, Eddie I don't know what to do. Breath. Eddie please!" His eyes searching my face.

*Richies POV
I sit in my room finishing homework as Eddie is in the living room.

A scream fills the silence of the house. A scream full of terror.

I through the halls, bumping into right wall, hitting my side but not worried about it. Eddie falls onto his knees, gasping for air. Tears streaming down his face. I basically jump down the stairs almost falling. I run to the boy who is gasping for air, wrapping him in a hug.

"What's wrong? Eddie breath, Eddie I don't know what to do. Breath. Eddie please!" My eyes searching his face. He starts to hyperventilate as his body tenses up, scratching at me, trying to catch his breath.

I don't know what to do. I kiss him, grabbing his face. Making his soft lips crash into mine. "I'm sorry...".

I shouldn't have done that.

He still sobs as he lays in my arms. He breathes finally, his tan skin finally turning tan after almost being purple.

I scoot both of us towards the wall. He lays his back against my stomach, my arms tightly around him as he cries. He shakes, like he's cold.

I kiss his head. The only thing I know to do.

*Flashback*
Before my mom started to drink she would stand up to my dad for me. One day he finally had enough. He punched me in the face. And ran out. Not coming back. My mom found me on the living room floor crying right after he slammed the door. Blood running out of my nose. I sat in the same spot I found Eddie in.

She sits on the ground with me after cleaning it up, pulling me towards the wall with her. Letting me lay against her, her arms tightly around me, kissing my head until I calmed down. The same spot I sat with Eddie.

I was 11. She left two years later.

*Flash Back ending*

I kiss his head, his sobs become quiet. His body which was shaking at one point, stopping. His breathing normal, hitching a bit here and there.

I look over his head, his eyes closed and the tear stains still on his face. I wipe them off. I pick him up, bringing him up to his room. Laying him on the bed, tucking him in.

I finally go back to my room, to lay down. I know what the call was about, I didn't hear it but his reaction gave it all away.

The last time I look at the clock is at 12:30 am. I wake up to another scream. From Eddie again. It's now 2:04 am. I run to his room. He shakes, trying to catch his breath, scratching at the sheets.

I grab him quickly, holding him in a big hug. His shaking stopping and his breathing slowing. His body goes limp once again. I lay him down. His face once full of terror now full of peace. I stand at the door frame, questioning if I should leave him there.

No I shouldn't.

I lay beside Eddie, pulling him close.

His heart beat matching mine.

His breathing slow. My eyes flutter shut.

Having the rememberable warmth again, sleeping in this room for the first time in four and a half years.