7). Jumping

*Richies POV
Beverly and I sat on the couch watching Tv. "Beverly, you're my friend right?" My thoughts raced, What if they're using me, they aren't my friends right? Why would the hang out with me then? "Richie of course Im your friend, why would you think I'm not?" She faced me with a confused but soft look.

"I don't know, but we're going to the quarry right?" "Oh yeah let me text Mike and Stanley." "I'm gonna go get my swim trunks on then." Walking to my room my thoughts lowered. And I got ready. Purple swim trunks and a black tank top. A black bucket hat and some sunglasses. "Bevor I'm ready." I strutted into the living room, posing. "Let's never talk about this ever again." "No we are, I'm gonna tell Stanley and Mike." She laughs as she claps.

I've gotten so close to her I've started to joke more, like how I was.
We soon meet Mike and Stanley across the street. Stanley walks out of Bills house. Why would he be coming out of bills house? He has a big smile on his face. I ignore it. "Hi Richie." He runs over and hugs me. "Hi Stan the Man." I smile. "I hope you don't mind, I brought a friend. His name is Ben." Mike speaks up.

Mike smiles and Ben walks over to me. "H-hi." I can tell he's nervous. "Hi Big Ben." He smiles as I give him a high-five. "Oh I hope you don't mind I brought my boyfriend." Stanley smiles as my heart stopped. "Bill this is Richie." Bill stopped in his tracks. Smiling. I'm guess we both were thinking the same thing. Let's act like friends and not tell Stan or the others. "Richie" I nodded my head and shook his hand. Beverly knew what happened.

Grabbing my hand for reinsurance. "H-hi R-Rich." We started to walk to the quarry. Bill got closer. "Listen m-man I h-hope we can b-be friends a-again." "Why should we, you stole my boyfriend away from me. The only person I loved!" My voice got a little bit louder, nobody turned around to not make the situation worse. "Richie I'm s-sorry, please?"  I walked away over the Ben.

"Hi Bennifer how are you?" "No how come he gets two nicknames?!" Beverly argued pushing me a bit on my skateboard.

Soon we get to the quarry. "I don't  wanna j-jump." Bill grabbed onto Stanley's hand. "Pussies" Beverly jumped first. Then Mike, Ben and then Stanley. "I g-guess were the only o-ones left." "Nah duh" I rolled my eyes annoyed that he thinks what he did was okay. "R-Richie I know w-what I did was wrong I-I sacrificed our friendship for C-" "I don't wanna hear it Bill, I don't even wanna hear his name."

I jumped. Done with his bullshit. "Hey Richie, are you okay?" "Not really Stan." "Do you wanna talk about it?" "I mean I rather not but it would be good to talk to someone about it." "Come here." Stanley lead me to where none of the others would be. "I'm not sure you would want to hear this about Bill..." "Wait what did he do?" "In 10th grade him and I were friends, until he stole my ex away from me. Connor Bowers. Connor cheated on me with Bill. It broke my heart, that's why Bill and I aren't friends. We got into a fight he got suspended and I stayed at school."

Stanley's eyes watered as he realized what Bill did. "Stanley it's not that big of a deal." I put my hand on his shoulder. His arms slithered around my bare waste and his head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry for what he did" Stanley whispered. "Come on lets go with the others." He smiled and grabbed my wrist underwater.