37. Something missing...

I suppose to publish this on Saturday but I'm nervous, I'm crazily nervous. I can't sleep properly. Why they don't respond to the email. Do they receive my response for accepting the interview or not? Ughhh... I forgot how this work. hahaha. Waiting for both the Friday event is making me crazy. So I'm torturing all my readers with this.

Warning - Don't read at night...

_________________________________________________________________________

Nobody uses a kettle anymore. They have an automatic water dispenser equipped with hot water. They stop using it after we found out someone used it for cooking.......tom yum inside.....a real tom yum from scratch, with onion, lemongrass, spice...

Kit slowly scanned the office from his stand. Just the thought of someone at this hour made him shudder.

Cold sweat begins to form and his leg won't help either.

He starts chanting prayer with his right hand closing his eyes and using the gap on his finger, he is able to peek while walking really-really slow, step by step towards the exit door.

He stumbles on Toota look-alike-cosmetic-shop table whispering a curse as a bunch of lipstick falls one by one like dominos on the floor.

shit

He intended to just ignore it (and tell Toota some hot man come and knock his table) and walk towards the door when he heard a footstep. He drops down to squat position instantly, hand closing his mouth.

Tap-tap-tap

The sound stops as if it looking for something.

"Please, please, please. Don't look here." He whispered quietly.

It continues to walk again and stop before walking away.

Kit sighed relief and with his trembling body, slowly crawl towards the door praying.

"Grrrrr" He stopped. His angry kitten notification makes him swear he will kill the person who messages him and he quickly silent his phone.

A few minutes later when he didn't hear any sound, Kit starts to crawl back when...

"KITTEN..."

He halted and automatic close his eyes. His awkward position should be a laughing stock if he is not in this situation.

"That a nice ringtone, you have there, kitty"

"Please please, god. Safe me fr-."

K-kitty? The voice. He recognises the voice.

"Wow. Kitty praying. I should run."

Bravely he turns his head to the voice direction and opens his eyes...

"Beam? Beam?! Beammmmmmmmmmm!!!!" Beam was standing on Kit left side hiding behind a separator of the table - smirking at him. "You asshole."

"Why are you crawling kitty? You have a nice ass by the way. It's a pity you choose Ming over me."

"What the hell?! You scare me and now you're hitting on me, Beam!" He stands up and throws one of the lipstick to Beam who dodge it perfectly.

"Be nice Kitty."

"Why are you still here?"

He laughed in response, sending an eerie goose bum.

"Too much question, Kitty. I should be happy you asked me that....and I live here, of course."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Then stay here for the rest of your life." Kit replies brushing his pant not without finding a glimpse of sharp glare on Beam's face. He looks again only to be faced with an annoying smile.

Beam mad?

"Why are you still here?"

"Who's fault is that?" Kit glared at Beam earning another laugh.

"Though I'm mad, I should thank him for making you stay at night and stay with me." Beam said, leaning toward the separator smiling charmingly.

Thank who?

"Why do you keep talking nonsense? And did you too desperate to use your flirting skill on your friend?"

"Did it work?" He's playing with his eyebrows. "I love seeing your grumpy face."

"Stop laughing. Your laugh gave me goosebumps." Kit said, rubbing his hand.

"You better go home now Kitty. It's not safe staying here, you know."

"I'm perfectly going home just now until someone decided to scare me."

Beam laugh again. "If I do decide to scare you, I don't think you're here now talking to me."

"Shut up! Go home! Or I'm calling P'Forth." Kit said, bending to pick up his bag on the floor

"I want to...but I can't." He replied, sounding sad.

He checks his item in his bag and realizes his car key is missing. Might have dropped when he ducks too sudden.

"Why? Did P'Arthit give you extra work?" He crouch, looking for the key.

"P'Arthit? Hmm..."

He then saw his key below the table Beam standing and reaching for it from the opening space at the front.

"Why? You scare of P'Arthit. Do you want me to talk to him?" Kit said nonchalantly from below. He bends further to reach the key near the office chair's leg.

He manages to grab the key, but his instinct feels something missing when he didn't see something that should be there aside from the chair leg, dustbin and his car's key...

"You're kind Kit but... I'm scared of P'Arthit? He's the one who will run if he knows...the real me." He laughs again sending an eerie feeling to him.

A vibrating message comes at the same time as he realizes the missing things, showing the sender name on the screen.

Beam.

To be continued...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Paint with love having its last episode this Friday... I'm gonna miss it so much.

-Why-