chapter 1: Belle

Cherry was in France this time. She was around with her parents while she explored the 18th century. While there though, she noticed a beautiful looking young woman who looked younger than her parents, but still older than Cherry. She had long chocolate brown hair tied into a blue ribbon with a matching blue dress with white sleeves, an apron and black slip on shoes. She had a basket with a book inside it with her as she went around the little town.

"There's a new friend for you." Mom told Cherry. "Why don't you go and say hello to her?"

"Okay." Cherry smiled and went over to Belle as she began singing.

Belle: Little town, it's a quiet village
Everyday, like the one before
Little town, full of little people
Waking up to say

Everyone in the town gave a friendly greeting to Belle as she walked along and Cherry followed her. Belle noticed there was the baker carrying a tray. He had a scruffy ginger colored beard with a white toque, a green shirt, brown belt, blue pants and brown shoes.

Belle: There goes the baker with his tray like always
The same old bread and rolls to sell
Every morning's just the same
Since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town

"Good morning, Belle!" the baker greeted.

"Good morning, monsieur," Belle replied as she walked over to him.

"Where you off to?" the baker asked as he set down his tray.

"The book shop," Belle replied. "I just finished the most wonderful story, about a beanstalk and an ogre and-"

"That's nice," the baker cut her off as he went back to work. "Marie! The begets! Hurry up!"

Belle shrugged him off, rolling her eyes and proceeded to walk to her location as she passed some local women.

Women: Look there she goes
That girl is strange no question
Dazed and distracted
Can't you tell?

Lady: Never part of any crowd

Man: 'Cuz her head is up some cloud

All: No denying she's a funny girl
That Belle

Man: Bonjour!

Girl: Good day!

Man: How is your family?

Pretty Lady: Bonjour

Husband: Good day

Pretty Lady: How is your wife?

Mother: I need six eggs!

Owner: That's too expensive

Belle: There must be more than this provincial life!

Cherry followed Belle as she went inside the bookstore. She then decided it would be rude to keep on following the young woman around so she just waited outside. Cherry noticed three men by the window, gawking at Belle. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the display of them. Belle then came out of the store and walked off, making Cherry go after her again.

Guys: Look there she goes 
That girl is so peculiar
I wonder if she's feeling well

Women: With a dreamy far-off look

Men: And her nose stuck in a book

All: What a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle

Belle sat on the edge of a fountain as a flock of sheep arrived behind her. Cherry walked over and watched Belle look into her book while a sheep bit onto the rim of Cherry's skirt, trying to bite it off.

Belle: Oh, isn't this amazing?
It's my favorite part because you'll see
Here's where she meets Prince Charming
But she won't discover that it's him
'Til chapter three

The sheep scattered as Belle got up to leave, making Cherry still follow her. The girls walked past a beauty salon as a woman was getting her hair done by a rather pompous looking man.

Woman: Now it's no wonder that her name means beauty
Her looks have got no parallel

Man: But behind that fair façade
I'm afraid she's rather odd
Very different from the rest of us

All: She's nothing like the rest of us
Yes, very different from the rest of us

A flock of geese flew over the skyline while Cherry kept on following Belle. Cherry then tripped onto a bump in the road and landed with her arms spread across Belle's waist. Belle looked down to notice the younger girl.

"Oh, hello." Belle greeted.

"Sorry..." Cherry propped herself. "I just wanted to meet you and say hi. You must be Belle?"

"Yes, I am." Belle nodded. "I guess you heard the other villagers."

"Mind if I walk with you? I'm making new friends." Cherry put her hands behind her back and shuffled her feet.

"I don't mind at all, I'd like the company." Belle walked with Cherry. "I have to get home, but you're welcome to come meet my father. He's an inventor."

"Wow!" Cherry smiled as she walked with Belle and the other villagers kept commenting about the faults of the poor little town.

"There must be more to this provincial life!" Belle sang as she cracked open her book.

"Just watch, I'm going to make Belle my wife!" a distant voice said, making Cherry look back and around. She then shrugged off the villagers as she continued to walk with Belle.

All: Look there goes a girl who's strange but special
A most peculiar mademoiselle
It's a pity and a sin
She doesn't quite fit in 
But she really is a funny girl
A beauty, but a funny girl
She really is a funny girl
That Belle!

Belle and Cherry turned back to the townsfolk when the song ended. They both looked at each other with a shrug and continued to make their way for Belle's place.