chapter 25: The Perfect World

"Who's there?" Cherry demanded. She tried to hide her fear, but you could tell she was pretty frightened.

"Cerise..." a weak voice called to her, it sounded like Forte.

"Maestro?" Cherry asked, anxiously as she stepped closer and looked down at the shattered organ.

"Cerise..." the voice drawled again.

Cherry backed up, thinking her nightmares were making all the supernatural powers real. She went to the door and joined the others with Belle and the Beast. Forte is just a dream now, and nothing more. He's long gone and he won't bother her again.

"Your graciousness has put me to shame." Belle said to the Beast as Cherry went in, hands in her pockets as always.

"It has?" the Beast asked, dryly.

"I'm only sorry that it took me so long." Belle walked off as the Beast was touched by her words. "I want you to know I never meant to call you a fool. I'm the one who's been foolish, and stubborn, and petty, and unwilling to forgive."

"I-I'm so happy you came..." the Beast said in a very tender voice, making Cherry smile.

Belle looked delighted. She turned to him and rushed to his open arms. "Then you'll forgive me?"

"Of course." the Beast replied.

That night, peace was restored in the castle. The lights were on and Belle read her book to the Beast for entertainment as they sat by the roaring, warm fire. Mrs. Potts, Chip, Crane, Webster, LePlume, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Cherry decided to watch. Cherry was stroking Sultan the footstool as he slept by the warm fire. The Beast ate seeds while she read aloud to him.

"'As the carriage rolled forward, the girl looked back'," Belle began to read as the Beast crunched his food, rather noisly. "'At the flowering farm, then drew herself up courageously for the... Journey ahead...'." Belle paused as the Beast continued to chomp. "Um, do you like it so far?" she asked about the book.

Everyone in the room nodded with mild agreement.

"Yes," the Beast replied in content. "Keep reading."

"'Her childhood held such sweet'-" Belle paused again as she was interrupted by another noisy chomp, disturbing her. "'Memories, which she would cherish like precious gems'-" Belle stopped, then gently closed her book and sighed deeply. "I'm sorry. It's hard to read while you eat those."

"But they're my favorite." the Beast defended with his mouth full.

"I can read later, if you like." Belle offered.

"Leaving?"

"No, I just can't read while you eat."

"Maybe you can eat them later, sir." Cherry offered.

The Beast widened his eyes. He looked at the girls and his bowl of food, wondering what to do. He growled silently, which made everyone look with anticipation, wondering what his next move would be. "Very well." he said, calmly and put the bowl aside for now.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief as the Beast put the bowl of food beside Mrs. Potts, Chip and another teacup.

"I must say, His Highness is most considerate this evening." Cogsworth complimented.

"Not at all." the Beast smiled proudly.

"And his temper, so controlled." Lumiere added.

"Thank you." the Beast smiled.

"We wouldn't want you to write another letter of apology, would we?" Cogsworth asked, making Crane, LePlume, Cherry and Webster groan. Why did he have to say that?