chapter 36: Tale as Old as Time

That night, Belle was behind a changing platform while Babette the feather duster, Madame Armoire the wardrobe, Angelique the tree topper, and Mrs. Potts the teapot were with Cherry on the other side of the room.

"Tonight is the night!" Babette marveled. She then turned to Cherry, looking up at her. "Are you wearing that for Belle and the Master?"

"What's wrong with this?" Cherry glanced at her rags and jacket.

"You should look equally as nice for Belle and the Master when they dance tonight!" Angelique gently scolded.

"This is more about them, than me."

"Tut, tut!"

"Angelique and Babette are right, Cerise, it would be more proper," Belle said as she slid on her golden ball gown and came out in it. "I wore this for Christmas, do you think he'll like it for tonight?"

"It's very glittery and shiny, Belle, but blue's a better color for you, I'm not too crazy about yellow." Cherry commented.

"I agree." Mrs. Potts smiled.

"Now Cerise, your turn." Madame Armoire pushed Cherry to behind the changing platform and stripped her of her jacket and rags.

"Aw, come on!" Cherry groaned.

"Oh pish posh, Cerise, we're not letting you be seen with the lovely couple in your clashing wardrobe!" Mrs. Potts scolded.

"Okay..."

"Here, put this on." Madame Armoire handed a black, small dress.

Cherry put it on and stumbled in as she walked in wearing a very small and tight black dress.

"I think that's too small." Babette thought.

"Too tight!" Cherry gasped.

"Here, try this." Madame Armorie handed a fluffy pink outfit and Cherry came out. "You look like a beautiful little cupcake."

"I think it's too fluffy." Cherry grumbled as she was in a fluffy pink dress with a fluffier hat and parasol.

"You look like a doidle." Belle giggled.

"That won't do, go back." Angelique advised.

Cherry rolled her eyes and went back in and came out wearing a shining blue dress which reached her knees and she had a fat, droopy ribbon in her hair. She looked like a little school girl. The girls all smiled and gave her compliments. Cogsworth then came in.

"Are we ready, mademoiselle?" Cogsworth asked with his eyes shut, then he opened one to see Cherry in her new outfit. "Well, I must say Cerise, you look very lovely in that!"

"Thanks Mr. Cogsworth." Cherry smirked.

"I'll be right down," Belle told the mantle clock. "Tell him I'll be right there waiting for him."

"Very well, mademoiselle." Cogsworth walked off and Cherry went to Belle near the doorway.

"Cerise, you look very adorable." Belle smiled.

"I suppose so..." Cherry shuffled her foot in the marble floor.

"Shall we go meet with the Beast?"

"Very well."

Belle then came down the left staircase while Cherry stayed at the top with her hands behind her back. Both girls looked to the other side to see the Beast in his fancy attire coming down the other side. Once Belle and the Beast were down the steps together, the Beast bowed and Belle gave a curtsey. They went to the dining room and Cherry watched them as they shared a romantic dinner.

Mrs. Potts: Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends

Unexpectedly
Just a little change
Small to say the least

Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

The two made their way for the ball room dance floor. Hand in hand they went in as the music swelled and they shared a romantic feeling toward each other. Cherry then felt a tug at her dress and she looked down to see Lumiere.

"May I have this dance, young mademoiselle?" he asked with a debonair smile.

"As long as it's okay with Babette." Cherry replied.

"She won't mind, now come here." Lumiere took Cherry's hands and took her to another part of the ball room while Belle and the Beast danced.

Mrs. Potts: Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure

As the sun will rise
Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange

Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong

"Cerise, you're a good dancer for your age." Lumiere chuckled.

"T-Thank you." Cherry blushed, she had a little crush on Lumiere for a while now.

Mrs. Potts: Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Lumiere stopped singing with Cherry and let the other candlesticks flicker down a little and Cherry yawned to see Mrs. Potts and Chip watching Belle and the Beast go outside to the castle balcony.

"Off to the cupboard with you, Chip, it's past your bedtime, you too Cerise." Mrs. Potts told the children.

"Can't we stay up a little longer?" Cherry asked, rubbing her eye.

"Sorry Cerise, but you both need your rest." Mrs. Potts smiled.

"Very well, good night." Cherry walked with Chip back to their respective rooms.

"Good night, loves." Mrs. Potts smiled warmly.

Cherry laid down in bed and wrapped herself warmly under the covers. Her peaceful sleeping was once again disturbed by the pitter patter of creepy pipe organ music as she felt herself interrupted with another Forte nightmare. Why couldn't he just leave her alone? He's dead after all, is he haunting her?