chapter 11: Stories

In the West Wing, Forte played his music as the Beast stormed inside. His, Cherry and Fife's plan to ruin Belle and his fun worked perfectly. Forte had trusted Cherry to be his spy, he promised for her in return a reward she would never forget. While Forte put music on for the Beast, Cherry walked off to spy on Belle some more. She then looked innocent in front of Belle, she couldn't help but feel guilty though of the crimes she had committed. However, Cherry seemed to change after this talk with Belle and now Fife was more like Forte's spy.

"Why is the Beast such a grump?" Belle wrinkled her nose, remembering what happened earlier as she walked with Chip and Cherry following.

"I don't know," Chip shrugged. "He's always like that."

"Even at Christmas?" Cherry asked in her own disgust.

"Yep!" Chip replied as he, Cherry and Belle had ended up inside the study of the castle. "Girls, what's Christmas?"

"Oh Chip, you must know about Christmas." Belle knelt at Chip, allowing him to hop in her hand. "Stockings in front of the fire."

"A big tree with lots of decorations?" Cherry added.

"Tinsel?"

"Standing under the mistletoe?"

"Presents?"

"Presents!?" Chip had a twinkle in his deep blue eyes. "Do I get one?"

"Of course, everybody gets presents on Christmas." Belle clarified.

"Ah, even the Master?" Chip asked.

"Yes, even the Master."

"As much of a Grinch he might be, even the Beast doesn't deserve to be left out on Christmas celebrations." Cherry added. She then thought of her past Christmas celebrations and thought of her family. She really wanted to see them again.

"What are you gonna get him?" Chip asked Belle.

"I don't really know him well enough to know what he would want." Belle shrugged.

"What would you guys want?"

"Well, what I love in the world the most is a good story." Cherry answered.

"Why don't you both give the Master a story?" Chip suggested.

"You're right, Chip. A story." Belle opened a drawer and took a stack of paper out. "I'll write and you draw, Cerise."

"Sounds great!" Cherry replied.

And with that, the girls focused and worked hard to make the Beast his very own storybook.

Belle: When I get to know him
We'll find more things to say
One day I will reach him
There has to be a way
Everyone needs someone
He must need someone too
When I get to know him better
Here's what I will do
I'll read him stories
From picture books all filled with wonder
Magic worlds where the impossible
Becomes the everyday
We'll find a mountain-top and some moon-beams to sit under
I'll lead because I know the way

Cherry: So much to discover
We do it all the time
We could live inside bright pages
Where the worlds all rhyme
We will slay the dragons that still follow him around!

Belle: And he'll smile

Cherry: Yes he'll smile
As his dreams leave the ground

Both: Stories and stories
About mermaids, kings and sunken treasure
Magic worlds where the impossible
Becomes the everyday

Belle: I know a tiny place
Just a dot too small to measure
I'll take him there, I know the way

Cherry: Stories about heroes
Who overcame their deepest sorrows
They'll put hope into his heart again
To cherish everyday!

Belle: He'll find a better world and the strength to face tomorrow
I'm sure that when he knows the way
He'll want to stay

Chip tugged on the bow of the present as Belle and Cherry finished their homemade story book. The present from them to the Beast. Chip hopped onto the present wrapped in green paper and a red ribbon.

"Do you think the Master will like his gift?" Chip asked the girls.

"I do." Belle replied.

"So does this mean we're gonna have a Christmas?" Chip turned to Cherry.

"Uh-huh, absolutely." Cherry told him.