chapter 4: Trading Places

Belle had on a dark cape as she rode into the deep, dark forest with Cherry and Philippe. They were against the gates and looked up to see a horrifying gothic like castle before them.

"What is this place?" Belle asked.

"Looks like a haunted mansion of some type." Cherry felt puzzled herself.

Philippe obviously didn't want to go near the castle. He tried to get away, but Belle grabbed a firm hold of his reins to keep him from getting away. However, he bucked up, knocking Cherry off of him and onto the hard pavement.

"Philippe! Steady, steady!" Belle tried to calm her horse down. Belle helped Cherry up and went in the gates with her.

Cherry picked up a hat and gave it to Belle. "Belle, do you recognize this topper?" she asked.

Belle looked at the hat and took it gently. "Papa..." she whispered in dismay.

Both girls then ventured inside the castle. Both feeling cold and frightened. Mostly Cherry since she was younger and without her parents or older brother. She was always the cowardly, non adventurous one and dragged into adventure rather than the comforts of home. They heard slight voices in the background and went up the stairs.

"You think your father's here, Belle?" Cherry asked, with her voice shaking.

"He has to be, Cerise." Belle responded as they continued to walk up the stairs, unknowing they were both being watched. Not by just normal people though. They were being watched by a mantle clock and candelabra. Not to mention an innocent little teacup. "Papa? Papa!"

"Maurice!" Cherry whispered loudly as she followed Belle all around. "Maurice..."

The mantle clock named Cogsworth and candelabra named Lumiere saw the girls as they walked. "Did you see that?" Lumiere asked as he looked again to see the girls going around. "It's two girls!" he gasped.

"I know it's two girls." Cogsworth rolled his eyes and put his hands on his hips.

"Don't you see?" Lumiere asked his friend. "They're the ones. The girls we have been waiting for! One of them has come to break the spell!"

Belle and Cherry were still exploring around. Cherry felt freezing in her hands and slid her sleeves down to cup over her hands like substitute gloves. They both heard a door creak and rushed over to it. There was a light in the room.

"Hello? Someone here?" Cherry looked from right to left.

"Wait!" Belle called as she followed the light and Cherry did the same. "We're looking for my father!" Belle went to the stairs and climbed up, only to see no one there, but a candle set down a lit. "That's funny... I'm sure there was someone..." Belle went into the dark room. "Is anyone here?"

"Belle?" a sick voice called.

"Papa!" Belle rushed as she recognized her father's voice and Cherry felt proud herself. Belle took a torch and found a cell with her father inside.

"H-H-How did you two find me?" Maurice took Belle's hand.

"Oh, your hands are like ice." Belle sounded worried. "We have to get you out of here."

"Belle, I want you two to leave this place." Maurice coughed.

"Who did this to you?" Cherry asked.

"No time to explain," Maurice sounded worried as he looked around. "You must go! Now! Cerise, get home and be safe!"

"I won't leave you!" Belle protested.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" a hand grabbed Belle's shoulder, making her drop the torch and Cherry gasped in fright, stepping back against the cell. The torch fell into the water and it was out quickly.