chapter 17: Don't Fall in Love

Cherry was on her way out. It looked a little too cold though and it was closely getting dark. Cherry was worried she would catch cold. She then ran into the Beast as he was dressed in his best clothes.

"You look a little dressed up." Cherry commented.

"I sent Cogsworth to find Belle," the Beast told her. "I have a song for her to listen to."

"Oh, a song, how-" Cherry paused. "From Forte?"

"Of course, he's the court composer after all." the Beast replied.

"Uh-oh." Cherry whimpered, then dashed away. Cherry slid in the music room almost falling on top of Forte's keyboard.

"Careful, I just waxed that!" Forte snapped at her.

"Sorry, Maestro," Cherry looked up at him. "Listen, I know you don't want Belle and the Beast to not fall in love, but he seems pretty serious about her. Do you know when she's coming back from the Black Forest?"

"Oh, I don't know, Cerise," Forte darkly chuckled. "Possibly never."

"NEVER!?" Cherry's eyes widened, then she glared at him. "You endangered Belle's life!"

"Well la-dee-dah, well done," Forte replied, sarcastically at her.

"I'm telling the Beast about this right away!" Cherry stormed to the doors, but Forte slammed them using his enchantment powers. Cherry turned to him scaredly in shock. "What the-"

"I don't think so, Cerise," Forte tormented her. "You're a smart child, but you know too much. You are not telling the Master about this. Besides, you're too sick to do anything!" Forte wrapped her up in his green laser sheet music and tossed her in his bed and tucked her in tightly to keep her from going anywhere.

Time passed, then soon the Beast grew impatient waiting for Cogsworth to fetch Belle for him.

"Why am I still waiting?" the Beast grumbled to himself, then bellowed. "MRS. POTTS!"

Mrs. Potts came in quickly with her tea cart and ingredients ready for him. "Coming sir, coming! What a brisk day! Why, you look positively chilled to the bone!"

"Where's Belle?" the Beast demanded.

"How about a nice cup of tea, sir?" Mrs. Potts offered, pouring a cup for him. "Just a spot?"

The Beast grabbed the cup, looking very steamed. He then looked up at the evil pipe organ he considered his best friend. "Forte! Play Belle's song!"

Forte did as told and played Deck the Halls, very slowly and darkly. It sounded more like a funeral march than a cheerful Christmas song.

"You're not singing." the Beast glared at Forte.

Forte groaned as he regretted Cherry making up these lyrics for him.

Forte: Deck the Halls with boughs of holly
Fa-la-la-la-la-la

"LOUDER!" the Beast growled as he sipped his tea.

Forte groaned again as he sounded like he needed to be put out of his misery. "Tis the season to be jolly-"

"A bit more tea, sir?" Mrs. Potts offered. "Good for the heart, you know."

"No, thank you." the beast refused, calmly.

"Just a spot?" Mrs. Potts added.

"No, more." the Beast refused.

"Well, there's always room for tea, luv."

"I said NO MORE!"

"Oh, dear, me!"

"Mrs. Potts," the Beast glanced at her. "Are you trying to distract me?"

"Goodness, no, sir!" Mrs. Potts then faked a gasp and looked out the window as it was pitch dark outside now. "Heavens, is that a yellow-bellied, double-breasted sap sucker? Rare this time of year!"

"Enough!" the Beast snapped. "Where's Cogsworth? Where's Belle?"

"Belle?" Mrs. Potts gulped. "We... Can't find her, sir..."

"WHAT!" the Beast shoved the table down and stormed into Forte's room as Cherry tried to break free. He then grabbed his enchanted mirror, his only window to the outside world. "Show me the girl." he growled.

The mirror did as the Beast told him to and it flashed green to dissolve his reflection. It then showed Belle and Chip in the sleigh, trying to bundle up from the bitter cold to look for a Christmas tree. However, it looked like something else to the Beast, like Belle was heartlessly abandoning him.

"I WILL BRING HER BACK!" the Beast roared, which made even Cherry feel scared.

"No!" Forte gasped, then tried to cover up his out burst. "Umm... She's abandoned you! Listen to your old friend, won't you? Have I ever steered you wrong? Led you astray? No! But the girl..." Forte glanced at Cherry and smirked that she was still trapped so she couldn't stop him. He then made green laser cupids come out to torture the Beast with.

Forte: The quickest way to break your heart
Make you depressed and ill
Is to get tangled up inside

The side effects could kill
All passion is a waste of time
A deadly game, pour vous

I am your friend, your cher ami
I wouldn't lie to you
If you must love someone, may I suggest, you love yourself?

Just think it through
You'll never leave and you'll find you'll get more rest
You'll always feel as good as new

Your freedom is the most important thing, my friend
You must be strong, you musn't bend
Don't talk for hours, don't send flowers, don't write poems, don't sing songs and dance beneath the stars that shine above
Don't fall in love

"Oh, don't do it." Forte chuckled as Cherry looked like she was having the worst nightmare alive.

Forte: As soon as your heart rules your head
Your life is not your own
It's Hell when someone's always there

It's bliss to be alone
And love of any kind is bad
A dog, a child, a cat

They take up so much precious time
Now where's the sense in that?
Love takes the wildest heart and makes it tame

If you're turned on, then just turn off!
Emotions are thing all great men overcame
Please don't make this Grande catastrophe

Don't get attached to anyone or anything
There's nothing worse than things that cling
You'll go to pot, you'll turn to drink, you'll never rest

You'll end up mad and looking like some poor demented dove
Don't fall in love
Don't fall in love!

The Beast stormed out, and as Cherry got free, the Beast took her with him. Cherry was forced downstairs with the Beast. They were going to bring Belle back, even though Forte told him not to. However, the Beast had other plans. Cherry felt guilty once Angelique walked across the table to take a look at everything. She looked satisfied, until the Beast roared and messed up everything. All that hard work had gone to waste. Cherry felt very depressed once she heard Angelique say; "I knew this was hopeless."