chapter 30: Mrs. Potts' Party

Everyone remembered what Belle said later that night. She was right, they had to work together, but it was hard at some points. They then all saw they could do it if they really tried hard enough.

Cogsworth and Lumiere worked well together until Lumiere opened the window to let Witherspoon inside and the paper sheet music flew into the fire place, burning and crumbling it. Fife then hopped in and the men allowed him to help out since he was the new court composer.

Chaud and Tres watched as the double layer cake was being made. Chef Le Bouche barked orders to make the perfect mixture. Belle and Cherry walked in, thrilled to see everyone working well together in the kitchen.

"My, you all look so efficent." Belle complimented with Cherry on her side.

"Chef Le Bouche has things under control." the oven chef replied, satisfied. "Soon, the batters will be ready to bake. Warm the oven!"

"I'm so glad to see you all working together," Belle said as Cherry went to warm the oven for the chef. "Keep it up."

Cherry warmed the oven up and smiled at everyone in the kitchen. She was just as happy as Belle and was excited for the party. Cherry then went in her and Belle's room alone as Belle wandered alone. Cherry was on the floor, wrapping up a present for Mrs. Potts as her contribution to the celebration. Madame Armoire smiled as she watched her wrap the gift all by herself this time without any help.

"Good job, Cerise!" Madame Armoire praised as Cherry lifted the gift wrapped box.

"Have you seen Mrs. Potts?" Belle asked the wardrobe.

"The coast is clear, deary!" Madame Armoire replied, warmly.

Belle quickly walked in and gently shut the door. "I've got a problem," she walked to the wardrobe and 10-year-old girl. "The flowers. Somehow, they ended up with the Beast in his room."

"Oh, dear me!" Madame Armoire sounded horrified. "No telling how the Master will react, though, you've noticed things he doesn't understand, have a tendency to enrage him!"

"That's the last thing Mrs. Potts needs right now." Belle replied.

"We need to get them out before something monstrous happens." Cherry said, looking up.

"Come on, then." Belle took Cherry's hand and pulled her out of the room to go into the West Wing.

Belle and Cherry walked past the music room. There were now cobwebs and still scattered paper sheet music with the creaked pipes. Cherry bit her nails as she looked around the now dead music room. It was like going into a recently deceased person's home directly after their funeral.

"This place gives me the creeps!" Cherry shuddered.

"Shh, we can't let the Beast hear us." Belle whispered as they went into the Beast's room to remove the flowers.

The girls walked in. Luckily for them, the Beast was still asleep, like a bear in mild hibernation. He snored very loudly, Cherry covered her ears as she felt reminiscent of her father snoring when she'd sleep with her parents after a spine chilling nightmare.

"You stay here in case he wakes up." Belle put Cherry close to the doorway where the Beast's bed was.

Cherry nodded silently.

Belle then tip-toed past the Beast's bed and looked at the bountiful of flowers. Belle then spotted a vase full of roses, grabbed them and handed them to Cherry. The flowers were so heavy, they made Cherry fall backwards. The Beast stirred in his sleep as Cherry got up from the floor. He swiped his hand down, making most of the flowers fall out and wilt. Cherry and Belle then quickly and quietly got the flowers out and met with Madame Armoire.