chapter 28: Gloomy Weather

A week passed, it felt like a year. Cherry, Belle, Chip and Mrs. Potts looked out the window as gloomy gray clouds came out. They all looked horrified, worried that a storm might hit.

"The weather has been dreadful." Cogsworth moaned.

"Never in all my years can I remember a sun more reluctant to show itself," Mrs. Potts sighed. "Not a single ray in weeks."

"Mrs. Potts, are you alright?" Belle asked.

"You don't look so good, should I make a bed up for you?" Cherry added.

"Hmm, oh yes," Mrs. Potts turned to the girls bearing a false smile. "Forgive me, dears. I'm afraid these gray skies have got me feeling blue."

"Melancholy," Webster came by to give his words of the day to add onto the story. "A pitiful, dejected mood."

"Yes, thank you, Webster." Mrs. Potts sighed drearily again. "My mother was affected by the weather. My father, too."

"Perhaps a little rest would make you feel better." Belle suggested.

"Don't let this silly little mood I'm in worry you, dear," Mrs. Potts assured her. "I'll get over it. After all, the grayer the day, the more my tea soothes the soul. Care for a spot?"

"Sounds wonderful." Belle replied.

Mrs. Potts smiled, bowed and poured some of the liquid into her son's top. Belle happily took Chip by the nose and took a sip.

"Don't tell me it's cold." Mrs. Potts said, noticing Belle had a sour look on her face.

"I'm afraid you forgot to add tea." Belle smiled sheepishly.

Cherry stirred the liquid with her finger. "It's just warm water, ma'am."

"Forgot to add tea?" Mrs. Potts gasped, surprised at herself. She then rolled away on her tray. "I've never been so embarrassed!"

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Belle comforted. "Everyone makes mistakes."

"I do all the time." Cherry added, stepping forward.

"I must be losing me mind!" Mrs. Potts cried.

"Maybe you should really get some rest." Belle tried to ease her.

Mrs. Potts sighed, still in disdain. "I'm no good to anyone in this state."

"Try our room." Cherry offered, walking with Belle as Mrs. Potts rolled away.

"Yeah, it's nice and quiet." Belle added. "Who knows? You might wake up a new teapot."

Mrs. Potts sighed, then smiled at the girls. "Thank you, luvs." She then rolled off to comfort herself and get some nice, well deserved rest after a big day like today.

Cherry washed up the dishes for Mrs. Potts and stared out the gray skies. She actually was happy. She always liked gray skies, never a lot of blue ones with rarely clouds in the sky. She never knew why, but she felt bad for Mrs. Potts' poor state and wanted to help. Cherry then got nervous once the weather got worse, it was snowing heavily with thunder and lightning.

Cherry then decided to meet with Belle and Chip once she finished. She luckily spotted them in the dining room as Chandelira was there with them. They then all decided to talk about Mrs. Potts and think of a solution to her depression.

"She's normally the most cheerful soul in the castle," Belle spoke up.

"Why, just this morning, she sat here on the table looking so gloomy, I... I didn't know what to say." Chandeliera added.