chapter 6: Be Our Guests

Later on, Cherry grabbed her stomach as she heard it weakly growling. Belle turned to her.

"Belle, I'm kind of starving." Cherry licked her lips as her mouth watered.

"Me too." Belle rubbed her own gut. "Why don't we sneak some food?"

"Okay, come on. I'm sure the Master went to bed." Cherry snuck off with Belle as they left their room. They went past a curtain where Lumiere the candelabra was with Babette, a feather duster. Cherry couldn't help but be curious what they were doing behind the curtain, but she shrugged and walked with Belle as they made their way to the kitchen, for possibly table scraps for their dinner.

Once the girls came, Cogsworth put his hands together as he spotted them both. "Splendid to see you up and about, mademoiselles!" He gave a bow. "I am Cogsworth, head of the household." Lumiere, then rushed over and gave Belle kisses on the hand while Cherry glared at them, looking as if she were jealous. "And this is Lumiere." Cogsworth rolled his eyes.

"Enchante, cherie." Lumiere looked up at the older girl with a keen look in his eye.

"If there's... stop that! Anything we... please! Can do to make your stay more comfortable?" Cogsworth struggled as Lumiere was being affectionate.

"We actually are a little hungry." Belle explained as Cherry nodded in agreement.

"You are?" Mrs. Potts looked at the girls, then around the kitchen appliances. "You hear that? They're hungry! Start the fire! Bring out the silver! Wake the china!"

"Remember what The Master said..." Cogsworth grumbled thru his teeth.

"Oh, pish-posh!" Mrs. Potts put her nose in the air. "I'm not about to let the poor dears go hungry!"

"Alright, fine!" Cogsworth groaned. "Glasses of water, crusts of bread, and-"

"Cogsworth, I am surprised at you!" Lumiere cut him off. "They are not prisoners, they are our guests! Right this way, mademoiselles."

"Well, keep it down!" Cogsworth hissed as the candelabra led the girls into the dining room. "If the master finds out about this it'll be our necks!"

"Of course. Of course." Lumiere turned to him. "But what is dinner without a little music?" Lumiere went out the door as the door swung back and smacked Cogsworth back into the kitchen and land into a bowl of mush.

In the dining room, Belle and Cherry were sitting as Lumiere came on the table with a spot light shining on him. "Ma chere, mademoiselles. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite you both to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents: your dinner."

Lumiere: Be Our Guests
Be Our Guests
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin around your neck cheries
As we provide the rest
Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oevres
Why we only live to serve
Try the gray stuff it's delicious
Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!
They can sing, they can dance
After all young misses
This is France
And our dinner here is never second best
Go on, unfold your menu
Take a glance at this 
And you'll be our guests
Oui, our guests
Be our guests

Objects: Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding en flambe!

Lumiere: We'll prepare and serve with a flare of culinary carabet
You're both alone, you're both scared
But the banquet's all prepared
No one's gloomy or complaining
While the flatware's entertaining
We tell jokes, I do tricks
With my fellow candlesticks

Objects: And it's all in perfect taste that you can bet!
Come on and lift your glasses
You both won your own free passes
To be our guests

Lumiere: If you're stressed
It's fine dining we suggest

All: Be our guests
Be our guests 
Be our guests

Lumiere: Life is so unnerving for a servant whose not serving
He's not whole without a soul to wait upon
Ah, those good old days when we were useful
Suddenly those good old days are gone
10 years we've been rusting
Needing so much more than dusting
Needing exercise a chance to use our skills!
Most days we just lay around the castle
Flabby, fat and lazy, you two walked in
And oopsie daisy!

Mrs. Potts: It's two guests, it's two guests
Sake's alive well I'll be blessed
Wine's been poured and thank the Lord
I got the napkins freshly pressed
With dessert, they'll want tea
And my dear, that's fine with me
While the cups do their soft-shoeing
I'll be bubbling, I'll be brewing, I'll get warm
Piping hot! Heaven's sake! Is that a spot?
Clean it up! We want the company impressed
We've got a lot to do
Is it one lump or two?
For you our guests

All: They're our guests!

Mrs. Potts: They're our guests!

All: They're our guests
Be our guests
Be our guests
Our commands are at your requests
It's 10 years since we've had anybody here
And we're obsessed!
With your meal, with your ease, yes indeed, we aim to please!
While the candlelight's still blowing
Let us help you
We'll keep going

All: Course by course
One by one
Til you both shout "Enough, we're done!"
Then we'll sing you both off to bed as you digest
Tonight you'll prop your feet up!
But for now eat up
Be our guests
Be our guests
Please be our guests!

Belle and Cherry clapped as their song was over. They praised it as they both finished their dinners of wonderful foods they had never tried before.

"Bravo! That was wonderful!" Belle cheered.

"Encore! Encore!" Cherry added.

"Yes, thank you. Thank you, children." Cogsworth smiled as everyone was starting to leave. "My goodness, look at the time. Now, it's off to bed, off to bed."

"Oh, but we possibly couldn't go to bed now!" Belle said. "It's our first time in an enchanted castle."

"Enchanted?" Cogsworth smiled uneasily as he looked at Lumiere. "Who said anything about this castle being enchanted? It was you, wasn't it?" the two began to fight.

"We kind of figured it out for ourselves." Cherry brushed some hair behind her ear. "Is it okay if we look around?"

"Oh, would you like a tour?" Lumiere offered.

"Lumiere, I don't think that's such a good idea." Cogsworth quietly told him. "We can't let them go poking around in certain places if you know what I mean."

"Perhaps you'd like to take us." Belle looked at Cogsworth. "I'm sure you know everything there is to know about the castle."

Cogsworth stammered and looked nervous as he looked at both girls. "Well actually.... Yes I do..." he smiled.