Awake!

It went on like this for another two days.

Amy was getting worse and worse. If the others didn't do what she wanted, she began hitting them.

On the fourth day, it got out of hand.

Amy was now demanding half a dozen bottles at a time.

"Why won't you give me my fucking beers?!"

"You need to stop this, Amy!" said Lucy, starting to get desperate. "The alcohol is changing you. We don't know you anymore!"

"Give me the fucking beer!" she shrieked. She raised the bottle in her hand and swung it at them. It just missed Hannah, and the glass smashed as it hit the wall.

Lucy and Hannah were terrified.

Amy was unrecognisable. Her eyes were now sunken and her face had little colour left. Her personality was the complete opposite of the Amy everyone knew and loved. Gone was the laid-back, easy-going Amy. In her place was an aggressive alcoholic who hadn't eaten in four days, and had had very little sleep in that time.

"Amy?" came a small, weak voice.

"Amy?" it said again, slightly louder.

Amy grabbed the beers and slammed the bedroom door shut. She sat down by the bed.

"Amy? Is that you?" Faryn mumbled.

"I'm here, Faryn. You're awake!"

"Where am I?"

"You're in bed. In our room."

"What happened to me?" Faryn asked.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I was fucking Hannah."

"You had a huge orgasm, and it made you pass out."

"Is there still time to see them before they go?"

"Faryn, that was four days ago. You've been unconscious for four days."

"Shit," Faryn murmured. She opened her eyes and looked at her girlfriend. "What happened to you, Amy?"

"I've been by your side the whole time."

"You look terrible, Ams."

"I haven't slept properly or eaten for four days."

"Amy!" Faryn said, a concerned look on her face.

Amy leant over and kissed Faryn's forehead. Faryn caught a whiff of Amy's breath.

"Your breath smells of alcohol, Amy. Like, a lot of alcohol."

"Yeah," Amy replied. "I've been drinking a lot. It's really helped me cope through it all."

Faryn's face fell.

"You're sounding like an alcoholic, Amy."

"That's exactly what Hannah and Lucy keep saying, them bitches!"

"Are they here?"

"Yeah, they've stayed here the whole time. They've just got me drinks and stuff. Apart from that, they've just been pissing me off all day."

Faryn sat up. She looked around the room.

"How many drinks did they get you?" she asked, eyeing up all the empty beer bottles on the floor.

"Just a few."

"Where are Em and Bill? Are they here too?"

"No. Bill's parents invited Em on holiday with them. They left the day you collapsed, but they did pop round. It was Bill's idea to keep you hydrated. He's been checking up with me every morning."

With that, Amy opened a bottle of beer and started drinking.

"Amy?" said Faryn, looking worriedly at her girlfriend.

"Hm?"

"Why are you drinking so much? It's not good for you."

"What are you talking about, babe? I feel fucking fine after a drink."

"You're addicted," Faryn stated openly. "You drink 'coz you can't cope without it."

"It helps me cope, Faz."

"That's what it makes you think. I've seen it before, sweetheart. In your dad. He's an alcoholic, Amy. You're becoming like him."

"I'm nothing like my dad," Amy argued. "And I'm not an alcoholic."

"I know you don't wanna be, but your coping mechanism is a sign of being an alcoholic. I'm sorry, Amy, but it's true. You are becoming an alcoholic."

There was a knock on the bedroom door.

"Amy?!" Hannah shouted. "You didn't reply to Bill's text. I've just got one from him."

"For fuck's sake!" Amy groaned impatiently. "Fuck off, Hannah!"

"She was just letting you know, my love. You didn't need to shout at her, did you?"

"Faryn, they've been trying to get me to stop sitting with you and take turns. They've tried to refuse to bring me my drinks."

"Probably 'coz they're worried about you," replied Faryn. "Do they know that I'm awake?"

"Not yet," Amy answered, her patience wearing thin.

"Amy?" said Lucy, hesitantly. "Is everything alright in there? I can hear you talking. You're either talking to yourself or Faryn's awake and you're talking to her. Is she awake?"

"Fucking hell!" Amy screamed, losing her patience. "Yes, she's awake! Happy, bitch?!"

"Amy!" said Faryn, shocked at the way Amy was treating their friends.

"What?!"

"Was that necessary? Did Lucy deserve to be called a bitch?"

"I don't care if she deserves it or not!" Amy said.

"She's our friend," Faryn replied calmly. "She just wants to help, baby."

"I don't need or want their help!" Amy burst out.

Amy had decided that the conversation was over. She lifted the bottle and downed it, then did the same to the other five.

"Someone get me more beer!" she shouted.

"Amy, I don't think it's a good idea," mumbled Faryn. She was very concerned about Amy's sudden addiction to alcohol.

"No, Amy!" Hannah called back. "You've had way too much!"

"FUCKING BITCH!" Amy screamed as she picked up an empty bottle and ran out of the room.

Moments later, Faryn heard the smash of glass. She picked up her phone and texted Bill.

Faryn: It's me. I need ur help x

Bill: You're awake? x

Faryn: Yes. Everything's going 2 shit! x

Bill: What's up? x

Faryn: It's Amy x

Bill: What's wrong with her? She didn't reply when I checked in this morning x

Faryn: Probably 'coz she was too busy drinking x

Bill: ? x

Faryn: She's become a total alcoholic. We need ur help x

Bill: Hang in there, ok? We're on r way x

Faryn: Plz hurry Bill x

Bill: Me and Em r currently stealing my dad's car. We're 40 miles away, so 'bowt an hour from urs x