Everything's Crazy

Faryn jumped out of bed and ran to the closet.

She put on the first things she saw, which happened to be a pair of dark blue shorts and a light blue tank top.

She sprinted out of the bedroom and into the lounge.

She found Hannah and Lucy cowering on the floor, with Amy standing over them with what's left of a beer bottle in her hand. There was shards of broken glass on the floor, and Hannah's arm was bleeding.

"Amy!" Faryn called her girlfriend. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"I don't wanna hurt you, baby!" Amy replied, brandishing the broken bottle.

"You could never hurt me, Ams. But I don't want you to hurt anyone else, either."

"You don't know what they've done while you were unconscious! You don't understand what I went through!"

"Then help me to understand," Faryn said calmly. "What's happened to make you wanna hurt our friends?"

"They haven't left me alone when I asked them to!" Amy answered. "I kept asking them to leave me alone, but they wouldn't! Then they had the cheek to say that I'm an alcoholic!"

"Okay," Faryn said. "So what prompted you to attack them?"

"I lost it, Faryn! I lost my patience and my temper!"

"You're keeping it together with me though, right?"

"Yes! Why would I lose it with you?!"

"Ams, I need you to calm down and put that bottle down. Please?"

"Why?!"

"'Coz you're hurting me, doing this to yourself."

They carried on for another half an hour, before there was an urgent knock on the door.

Faryn answered it, and was nearly crushed to death by Bill and Emily. It was only about forty minutes since she'd texted him, and they'd driven an hour's distance in that time.

"What's going on then?" asked Bill as they walked in.

"Hannah's got a bit of an injury to her arm, it's bleeding quite a bit. I think it was a beer bottle."

"How?" questioned Emily.

"Amy," Faryn replied.

She led them into the lounge, where they came face to face with the new Amy.

"What the fuck are you two doing here?!" she shouted.

"Faryn texted me," answered Bill, slowly hobbling towards her. "She said that everything's crazy. That everything's going to shit."

"Everything's fine, Bill!"

"I don't think Hannah quite agrees with that, Amy!" Bill attempted to joke, gesturing at Hannah's bloodied arm. He then turned serious. "What's going on? I wanna help."

"Them two bitches are accusing me of being a fucking alcoholic!" she screamed, pointing at Lucy and Hannah with the broken bottle.

"And why do you think they would even say such a thing?" he asked, trying to keep everyone calm.

"I don't fucking know!"

Faryn had shown Em her's and Amy's room and the sea of empty beer bottles on the floor. Em now edged towards Hannah, holding a bandage.

"It's okay Amy," she said. "I'm just gonna have a look at Hannah's arm and maybe put a bandage on it. Is that alright with you, Amy?"

"Fine!" Amy said. "Do whatever the fuck you want!"

She stormed into the kitchen, dropping the broken bottle as she went. She went straight to the fridge, and got out two dozen bottles of beer.

Meanwhile, Bill got Faryn to show him the bedroom. He was shocked to see what Amy had done over just four days. He had a quiet conversation with her there.

"She's definitely become an alcoholic," he confirmed. "Just like her dad did."

"I know," Faryn agreed. "I said so to her earlier, but she denied it and said she's nothing like her dad."

"How can this have happened, Faryn?"

"I don't know, Bill. I woke up when I heard her screaming at Hannah and Lucy. She tried to hit them then but missed. She still got the half a dozen beers she asked for. That's when I called her back. I'm scared, Bill."

"I can tell."

"I'm really worried about her."

"Me too, Faz. Me too."

Just then, Amy stumbled into the room carrying two dozen bottles of beer.

"Oh! Hey guys!" her speech was slurred and she struggled to walk straight.

Amy tripped on an empty bottle, but Faryn and Bill managed to catch her.

"Thanks!" she said, before downing a bottle.

"I think you've had too much to drink, Amy. Don't you agree, Faryn?"

"Yes I do," was Faryn's reply.

"Nah!" said Amy, downing another bottle. "I still haven't had enough!"

"Yeah you have mate!" said Bill, taking most of the bottles away from her.

"Hey! What the fuck Bill?!"

"Sit down Amy," Bill ordered.

Amy flopped down into her chair. She downed one of the two bottles she still had.

Faryn and Bill sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Amy.

"What are you guys looking at?!"

"We're looking at you, baby."

"Why?!"

"'Coz you're family to us," replied Bill, a sad look in his eyes. "It hurts us to see you like this, Amy."

"Like what?!" Amy said, downing her last bottle.

"You're gonna drink yourself to death," said Bill bluntly.

"I forgot to say, Bill, that Amy told me she hasn't eaten in four days. She also hasn't slept properly either."

"For fuck's sake Amy!" Bill said. "What are you doing to yourself?"

"I'm coping!" Amy snatched a bottle from his grasp and downed it.

"Amy," Faryn began, only just holding back the tears that threatened to fall. "You only drank to help you through when I was unconscious. I'm awake now, so you could try to stop."

"Why?" Amy grabbed another bottle from Bill and downed it. "I'm not doing anyone harm, am I?"

"You are," Bill said. "You've hurt Hannah's arm, and you're hurting everyone emotionally. You've got to stop this, Amy."

"Amy," Faryn said, tears starting to fall down her face. "Do it for me. Stop drinking so much. Please."

"But this is what helps me cope!" Amy argued, her patience with Faryn and Bill starting to wear thin. "Why do you want me to stop?!"

"Okay," Faryn replied. "Let's make a deal, Ams. Me and Bill will stop going on about your drinking, if you drink a hell of a lot less. You don't have to stop completely, just reduce the amount. Does that sound fair, baby?"

"I don't understand why this is such a big fucking deal!" Amy shouted. "I've done nothing wrong! Why won't you see that?!"

"I know you've done nothing wrong," said Faryn, trying to pull herself together. Her voice was still shaky. "But the alcohol has, Amy. It's changed you into someone we don't know. It's created a new Amy, one that has hurt us all really bad."

Amy lost it.

"You're my fucking girlfriend, Faryn!" she screamed. "You're supposed to fucking support me!"

She got up and stormed out of the bedroom, but not before she snatched all the bottles Bill had confiscated.