1.Idris- A New Life

Clary pov

I woke up with a pounding headache after the stupid alarm woke me up. I was close to smashing it with my fist. Today was the first day of school with which I couldn't be bothered. I was going to, non other than the Shadowhunter Academy; a place for the best shadowhunters and apparently downworlders now. I didn't mind the downworlders, my best friend Simon is a vampire and he's going to the Academy with me. Correction, I am starting today, where as he has been there about two years now. Since shadowhunters live a short life we start training when we are 6 and start School with proper training and education on demons at 12. Am I going to fast? Well let's start from the beginning...

*******

My name is Clary Adele Fairchild and I am 17. Yes I am daughter of the Jocelyn Fairchild, and the best shadowhunter and demon slayer of this generation. People know my name but haven't ever seen me, except for Simon. Why, do you ask?

I have been in hiding from the infamous Valentine Morgenstern. He is a monster, well was a monster. Now he is dead. I am the cause of his death, his own daughter. Another secret about me: my name is Clarissa Adele Morgenstern. No one knows that I am his daughter.

People may ask how I could kill my own father...
He is a murderer, monster and an abusive freak. Valentine almost massacred the whole race of demon-blooded creatures because of a wish he almost made at Lake Lynn. He summoned angel Raziel and wanted to murder all demon-blooded. A great war erupted between the demons, he summoned with the mortal instruments, and shadowhunters with downworlders. Before Raziel could grant his wish, I killed him. It serves him right for abusing me throughout all my years and almost murdering an entire race.

It has been a year since his death and I am finally ready to live a normal life. Well as normal as it can be for a shadowhunter: going to the school, slaying demons and trying to survive.

********

I hurled up from bed and got dressed in my ripped black jeans, a black crop top and my leather jacket. I grabbed a helmet and hopped on my motorcycle I inherited from Valentine, the only thing I ever received from him. It was a motorcycle running on demon energy so it was extremely fast. I drew a portal to Idris and drove the motorcycle to the Academy.

Did I forget to mention that Alicante now has a little electricity? Don't get me wrong, we still use witchlight but now we can ride such things as motorcycles in Idris.

As I drove through a rocky path, I could feel the wind blowing my flaming red curls. I finally reached my destination, the Shadowhunter Academy. It was the only school in Idris and it was pretty hard to get in but being an amazing fighter had it's perks. With a swift move I jumped off the motorcycle after parking it near a fountain among the dozens of trees. The school was absolutely huge.