11.3,2,1

Third person

"Hey, Clare!" Jace shouted across the training room after finishing up with Alec who had almost been so close to drawing with Jace's speed and strength. Almost being the key word, because in all honesty, not even his parabatai though being an extremely skilled shadowhunter had been able to keep up with Jace as well as Clary. Jace's voice echoed in her head, snapping her from the reverie of thoughts circling her mind.

"Hmm, yeah sorry." She shook her head violently ripping herself from the train of thoughts that bothered her every single second.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to train with myself and Alec." He gave a mischievous, self-confident smile swinging his sword to point at both of them.

"Uhhh, I am not sure." She said without the usual assurance in her voice.

"Awww, come on we'll go easy on you." Jace said in a mocking tone while Alec simply nodded a little hesitant.

"Never go easy on me. I can manage with both of you with full strength. I don't know what got over me to say no to such an irresistible offer." She stood proudly holding her blade with a bold smile readying for a battle.

"There's the redhead I know, bound to beat the both of us. Though I don't give you an advantage in doing so."

"I never would've took the advantage if purposeful."

"I know. I wouldn't have it any other way."

"How is this going to work exactly?" Alec asked furrowing his brows.

"Simple, you both will attack me and I will try and defend myself and form some sort of attack but mainly defense. Pass me an extra blade." Jace threw her a blade and she caught it with ease standing in a defensive stance.

Alec and Jace both got ready to attack Clary from either side.

Jace unsurprisingly was first to attack, Alec following his lead into attacking Clary's sides. Fortunately Clary was trained by Valentine to be ambidextrous, meaning she was able to block both of the strikes simultaneously with each sword placed firmly against the force of both of the boy's swords. She managed to muster enough strength, though this was not all of it, to lush both swords away and crash her swords against theirs before reaching Jace's neck and Alec's rib.

She spun with great speed avoiding any grazes to try and untangle herself from the position Jace and Alec had placed their swords to her in.

Only a hurricane of a red mane could be seen as she drove one of the swords to Alec's shoulder and her leg at Jace's ribs. Alec intercepted her strike but the same couldn't be said for Jace's ribs.

Even so, Jace did not falter and used it as a drive to punch her stomach sending her plummeting towards Alec.

Alec had predisposed himself holding the swords in a way that would entrap Clary without causing her any harm and then the plan was for Jace to threaten the sword against her neck so she would surrender.

Nonetheless Clary had been more than well trained and predicted their possible tactic. Though she was descending towards Alec, she quickened herself in a sprint nearing herself to Alec who wore more than a worried expression. She used Alec's chest as a push to back flip behind Jace who was also approaching her before she pulled off that move.

To say Jace and Alec were astonished by Clary was an understatement.

Jace did not delay even for a second to aim his sword at Clary once more and charged towards her but instead of aiming to press it anywhere against her smooth skin he back flipped from the wall and in the movement of his landing, he kicked Clary at the ankles tripping her.

She hurtled to the floor and Alec and Jace were quick to pin her down, accomplishing the strenuousness of beating the Fairchild to this potential sword fight.

She caught her breath and the pace from her beating heart normalised, as Jace reached out to help her up. Though she didn't need it and despised the fact she was being helped up by someone who had her pinned to the floor seconds ago, she gave up on that and reached out for him. With the help of his pull, she obtained in getting up without complication.

"Are you OK?" Jace asked getting closer to Clary, his hand placing the loose strands of her vibrant hair behind her ear. His words were just a soft whisper but when you saw his eyes concern had washed away the usual gold radiance that seemed to glow every time he was around her.

Jace knew something was bothering her otherwise she would never stop fighting until she beat both of them. He may have known her for only two weeks but Jace knew her like the back of his hand, or at least knew when something was troubling her.

"Fine, shall we continue?" She had this stubborn look on her that made you unable to refuse.

"I will head out to meet Magnus. I will see you both at the party. One more thing... Clary can I talk to you?" Alec said to a very fazed Clary.

"Uhhhh sure.." She went around one of the marble columns next to the door with Alec beside her.

"Listen Clary, I know I might not be as close to you as the others but you always can talk to me about anything. I will do my best to comfort you if someone or something is ever bothering you. I just want you to know that I am also free to talk to and I promise you I don't bite. " Alec gave her a shy smile which she returned and jumped to hug him since she was quite shorter than he was.

He embraced her in a hug too and bent down a little so it was easier for her. " Thanks Alec, I will keep that in mind. " They pulled away from the hug and Clary kissed his cheek in a friendly manner before she started to walk back. Just before Alec managed to walk out of the door Clary shouted over her shoulder, "Who says we aren't close friends?"

"Now we are." Alec retorted and walked out of the training room to ne greeted by a very glittery Magnus in his room.

*****

"What was that about?" Jace asked furrowing his brows.

"Jealous? Kidding obviously, Alec just told me that I can talk to him if something is up and I thanked him" She shrugged and swung her blade towards his leg.

He moved fast, out of the way and pushed against her seraph blade. "I never thought he would get so close to you because he rarely gets close to people. Me and Magnus are rare exceptions and Izzy is obviously his sister but not in a million years would I have thought he would ever be so approachable and helpful towards you. "

" I too am surprised but also gratified that he's also made this exception towards me. " Clary turned her torso which gave her easy access to Jace's
stomach so with a full blast she kicked him.

It was a blow he didn't take as well since he cursed loudly but recovered after alleviating the pain. Jace lunged at her and flipped her but her stiff-necked self seemed undaunted and landed in a crouch after doing a forward roll. With such speeds she dropped her blade and decked Jace.

He almost fell on top of her but she moved out of the way right before Jace plummeted to the ground. She pinned him down and pointed her sword to my neck in a jokingly threatening way.

"Do you give up?" She laughed with froliscome in her voice.

"Alright, this round was all you." Jace grinned at her ecstatic jump as she tried helping him up; she failed in doing so since he was double her size so it was mostly him getting up.

"Finally, I beat you." She half screamed in joy.

"Yes. Yes you did red. Want another round?"

"Sure, Izzy will be furious which is a plus to me training right before the ball."

"She absolutely would. Just don't get skinned by one of her heels and you'll be fine." They both laughed and started fighting for another hour until Isabelle pulled Clary out forcefully and scolded her for training.

Jace headed back to his room after Isabelle dragged Clary so she could do her makeup and everything.