9.Paradise Can Be On Earth

Third person

It had been about a week and they all ate, once again at the same table in their own room away from all the crowds. They always ate together and would occasionally go to Taki's to eat.

After a few hours of talking, eating and the occasional drinks, some of them dispersed to their rooms, that included : Simon, Izzy and Magnus and Alec together. This left Clary and Jace alone to talk.

"Want to head somewhere else?" Jace asked eagerly.

"Like where?"

"Like on a walk outside or something?"

"Sounds good to me, I have nothing better to do and I don't feel like sleeping yet."

"Great."

"One problem though, we need to get out without waking up anybody. It is around midnight after all."

"That wouldn't be an issue."

"OK well, do you have a place in mind or are you counting on your orientation skills to not get lost." Clary said in a mocking tone, to which he responded with a smirk.

"I have a place in mind."

"Oh yeah, where's that?" Clary insisted upon.

"How about we keep it a surprise?"

"Mysterious huh? How do I know you won't try to kill me and sacrifice me?"

"Do you have that little trust in me?" He pretended to be offended.

"Don't take it personally. So how are we going to get out?"

"Easy, you are allowed to go out of the building you know..."

"Yeah I know. It's the first week I guess. This is still quite new."

"I'm sure it is."

"How will we get to your secret spot?"

"Walking, there isn't really many other choices of transport here. We will be in time for breakfast. You will need a big cup of coffee but the place is worth it." Jace's golden eyes seem to be even more golden and there was a luminous glint in them that reminded her so much of the glass towers in Alicante.

"OK I'm positive the place is amazing but I have a better way of getting there."

"Which is?"

"Follow me."

They headed out of the building laughing and talking. Once Clary saw her bike parked, she started running to it, Jace following closely behind.

"You have a motorbike parked here? How has no one stolen it?" Jace asked with his brow raised.

"I put a lock rune on it. I'm not dumb enough to leave it lying around without any protection and since I'm the only one that can unlock it, it's safe."

"Smart. You know, I have one like this back in New York that also runs on demon energy. How did you get yours?"

"Inheritance," she said shrugging. "And you?"

"I stole it from rogue vampires that had to be sent to the gard during a mission." She laughed lightly, one that wasn't forced and out of place, it expressed relief and somehow safety. "Do you mind if I drive your motorbike since I know where we are going?"

"Alright but if you crash it, I won't hesitate to murder you slowly and painfully."

"Got it, madame." He laughed heartily while she gave him a death glare.