19.To Be Destroyed

Three days later:

Jace pov

I watched her train for several minutes, punching the bags and exhausting her body for hours on end.

She didn't catch a break even for a couple of minutes.

She was drained, you could tell from kilometres away but she continued as if she was switched on complete auto-pilot. Her fiery mane was stook to her face as she landed some kicks on the manikin.

"You should take a break!" I raised my voice enough to catch her glimpse as I stepped into the training room.

"Hi to you too." Clary replied in a cold flat voice.

"I'm serious." I tried placing a hand on her shoulder but she flinched away.

"Well I am too." She repeatedly punched the dummy.

I grabbed her hands so she could so much as stop the mad training. "Stop."

"Let go of me Jace." She had this threatening tone that I didn't quite expect from her but even so I didn't show my surprise.

I did as she told me because I didn't want to hurt her in any way but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to confront her. "Clary I have been trying to talk to you for 3 days now."

"About what?" She tried playing clueless.

"You know what Clary. You've been avoiding me throughout the 3 days I have wanted to talk to you since we came back. And what have you done? You purposefully try to dodge me." Some of the surpressed anger I held spit like acid at her.

"I know my approach wasn't good but I just couldn't face you."

"Did that kiss mean nothing to you because may I remind you, you kissed back. It had great significance for me but I won't spend my time chasing you when you keep avoiding me." My jaw clenched in frustration and when I really looked at her, guilt showed.

" I'm just trying to spare your feelings because one way or another you will get hurt by me. "

" You just don't let yourself feel those emotions. "

" That's because I can't!" She snapped and her eyes seemed burnt by my outburst.

All the guilt came back to me like the tidal wave.

" Hey sorry if I am interrupting something but we have a mission in New York. " Izzy stated in a demure voice as she approached us in slow steps. "Magnus will portal us and we will have to split up because there has been a rise of demon attacks in New York and since we know that place better than Idris itself we were asked to take the task."

"Alright." Clary stated firmly.

"Get ready we are going in a bit." Izzy announced before heading out of the training room, Clary running closely behind.

**************
Clary pov

"Are you sure I haven't interrupted anything?" Izzy was distressed as she paced down the corridor with weapons hanging from her belt as she reached to their main hall.

"You didn't because the situation was getting out of control." I responded with an equal amount of alarm.

She stopped abruptly and I crashed into her. "How so?" She seemed perturbed by my answer.

"I will explain later." I reassured her.
She nodded still a tiny bit unconvinced but gave me the benefit of the doubt.

"Magnus is the portal ready?" Alec inquired preparing for a mission. He had his stern battle face on and his bow an arrow exhibited behind him. A couple of blades hung from his belt as he tread along the tiles of our main hall in the academy.

Behind him was Jace abnormally serious, maybe I just haven't seen him that way, with weapons placed all around his belt. Though I struggled to face him I knew his eyes were on me burning me from the inside. Jace even had a blade clenched in his hand and was more then ready to massacre some demons.

"Almost darling." Magnus retorted at his boyfriend as we all gathered to figure out a tactic.

Magnus had now finished with the portal and walked to where Alec stood as we devised a plan.

Alec continued to explain our so called tactic but the idea was pretty simple and didn't demand too much explaining.

We were to split into two groups and I had already had the intention to be with Izzy since being with Jace would be beyond awkward. Alec would probably end up with both Magnus and Jace while Simon used his vamp speed to locate the majority of the demons which is where we will head. As I said before the plan was simple but effective.

So now what is left to do is walk through the portal and head for battle.