15.Head High

Third person

"Clary!" Jace screamed as he ran after her through the portal.

She didn't turn around to meet his gaze but instead looked straight at the view of a city she once roamed the streets in.

He was vaguely aware of the complete change in setting, his eyes staring straight at her. "Clary." He said in an exasperated voice.

She didn't look back at him for a second, "What are you doing here?"

"Clary." His voice was breathless and he unhurriedly reached for his seraph blade.

"Jace what are you..."

"Shut up! Are.. are you a shape-shifter?"

"J..Jace please. Please put the blade away." She prayed.

"Answer me!" He yelled without lowering his blade.

"Answer what Jace?" Clary howled at him.

Jace held the blade in a threatening way but she didn't falter in her words.
"Are you a shape-shifter?"

"What? I.. I'm not a demon Jace."

"Shadowhunters can't do that, we can't portal. Are we on the..."

"Eiffel Tower." Clary interrupted him.

"How? You must be a demon."

"No Jace I'm not. I promise, just please put the blade away."

"No you can't be Clary."

"Jace.. I'm Clary. I swear. I'm not a demon."

"No, shadowhunters can't do all that. You can't be Clary."

"I am just please listen. I can prove it, prove that I am Clary."

"How?"

"Do you remember when you took me to secluded area in the forest and you told me the falcon story.." He nodded finally listening to what she was saying. "You told me something private about yourself so I decided to be truthful with you, which means you can ask away."

He gave her a small smile, now confident in the fact that she was Clary. "Clary." Jace finally put his seraph blade away and ran to hug her in an apologetic way. "I'm sorry."

"No Jace, I'm sorry for what you had to see. I can't promise you that you won't hate me after what you hear maybe even try to kill me or tell the clave. I don't care how you react, I just want you to know.."

"Clary you don't.."

"It's OK Jace." She intercepted his answer, "I want you to know." She pulled a little from the hug and gave him a smile that seemed to lighten the burden carried on her shoulders. "Ask anything you want; now I realise how much I owe you the whole truth."

Clary pov

"Alright. Why Paris? Why the Eiffel Tower?" His lips lifted upwards to a grin, showing his dimples and the crinkles around it. It was as if he was a ray of sunshine and I unfortunately was the sunburn.

She took in a small breath and smiled, a smile with a twist. One determined not to frown. "My mum told me once that I head high when I need to think, I guess she was right about that. Also while I was in hiding I lived in Paris for a bit but I was afraid to reveal myself too much and I always wanted to see Paris from up here."

"The view is beautiful from the top of the Eiffel tower especially now at night."

"Yeah. It's peaceful now and seeing the mundanes live their lives so cluelessly brings me harmony somehow. I know it's weird." I smiled goofily as he smirked at me. "Next."