14.Jump Through To Escape

Third person

Clary sat in silence, her mind wondering to her own world. She had sat on the log she used before the little dance with Jace.

Jace had gone to get both of them drinks and she was expecting him to be back in about five minutes.

She heard footsteps creeping behind her. She turned around expecting to be met with golden eyes but instead met a pair of lifeless grey ones. Ones that belonged to a stranger she did not enjoy staying close by.

Clary had to admit that the guy was somewhat handsome but the eyes didn't fail to make her uncomfortable.
"I'm sorry. Do you need something?"

"No darling I don't. I seem to have stumbled upon a beauty so my view is just fine." He said in a low voice.

"Seems like I stumbled upon a charmer." Clary put on a believable fake smile.

"So are you some damsel in distress who has lost her friends?"

"Hardly. Let me guess you are an ex circle member who has escaped the gard and is looking for shelter?"

His face suddenly paled. "Who are you?"

"I am Clary Fairchild, but I am also Clarissa Morgenstern so back off." She reached for her seraph blades and pressed one against his side, the other against his neck before he could escape.

"Clary!" Jace shouted as he dropped the glasses of champagne. "Clary what the hell?"

She slowly turned around, a look of regret showed on her face. "Jace I'm sorry." She pulled away her blades from the guys but kicked the guy with extreme strength, knocking him out. "Take him to the gard, he's someone that has broken the accords. Again I'm sorry." She quickly made a portal with her stele and jumped through.

"Clary!" He too ran through the portal before it closed.