24.Reveal Them

Alec pov

Magnus and I always went on amazing dates, not one was ever disappointing.

This time it was a lunch date in a fancy restaurant not too far from the institute. It was arranged like one of those fairytale gardens and it was nothing less than wonderful.

However, one thought kept me alarmed and it was mainly my worry about Clary.

"Alexander what is wrong?" Magnus asked me with wondrous eyes.

"It's nothing." I said with a fake smile that Magnus clearly recognised to be false.

"Don't lie to Alexander." He said to me caressing my cheek.

I leaned to give him a kiss that lasted more than I thought it would.

"It's just I am concerned for Clary."

He looked up to me with a gentle smile and explained with a sigh, "the girl has been through so much and I have been a witness through it all."

I rose a brow in expectation for him to carry on since I already understood so much about her.

"As we all know Jocelyn Fairchild who was a close friend of mine died when Clary was really young. Her brother went with her mother in the tragic death." Magnus said not realising what he just spilled.

"Wait a brother?"

"Forget what I said." He said completely dismissing me.

"She never mentioned a brother and now I get why." I had a saddened look just thinking about how unfortunate Clary was.

"You don't know the least of it but it's not for me to tell you." He lastly added as carried on walking through the park watching mundanes live their lives calmly.

I nodded dropping the subject even though my curiosity was big I couldn't question Clary about her tragedies. So I just continued with my date with Magnus as if I never mentioned anything about her.

************************************
Jace pov

"Clary?" I shout as I enter her room. She was no where to be found and then I heard the desperate cries of a broken girl, behind the bathroom door. I immediately rushed to open it.

She layed on the floor gripping a stele in hand and the sobs that erupted from her were like silent screams coming from her throat.

Her raw pain was outed to the world as salty tears dropped to the tile floor.
Her chest rose and fell unevenly as she sobbed to the point she made a puddle in the bathroom. She had a short pause as I crouched down to hug her.

She tensed away as she I reached for her but her vision was blurred since I could not see her vibrant green eyes.

Something stopped me dead in my tracks however, seeing her this way: broken.

I with held my self and then embraced her in my arms. The wet droplets fell onto my shirt. Her sobs were now silent but her tears continued like a broken dam.

"Jace why are you here?" She blurted out as her sobs came to a stop.

"I never want you to have to run or hide from me." I told her in a soft voice. She studied me carefully and seemed to relax at my truth.

"I am deeply sorry about..."

"It's alright. She had no fault in what happened. The attack by itself would not be able to have this collateral damage but more the placement in which it hit." She winced at the thought of what her back looked like now. In the attempt to get up she growled in agony.