31. The Best Of Intentions

Jace pov

My eyes greeted the day shine. The remainders of sleep were soon gone after finding the comfort of my arms wrapped around her petite body. Her curls were splayed across the pillow while she was still in her dreams.

A thread of fire hung loosely and fell on her face but as she breathed in and out it drifted away revealing her adorable freckles that I loved so much. I smiled for a few moments before planting a morning kiss, on her nose as I watched her stir. Clary sat up a little blinking away the darkness and blurriness of her vision as her eyes adjusted to the sunrays passing through the window.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning." She stretched a little and turned to face me with a smile. "Is that a phrase you often use when sleeping with someone?"

"No. It's a phrase that I will only ever use for you every day. If I said it to anybody else it wouldn't be true." It had often crossed my mind that Clary had in fact been the most beautiful woman he had ever been with, perhaps not the hottest - even if she was curvy, but she had been and always would be the most gorgeous one.

Moving away from the subject but still keeping the same grin, she asked, "For how long have you been awake?"

"Around ten minutes."

"So you have been watching me sleep?"

"Yes. You are truly an angel when you sleep."

"I rather enjoy your dishevelled morning hair." She chuckled, it was a sound that had always gave me the butterflies.

"It's extra wild today." I added with a wink.

"What time is it?"

"Too early." I replied shortly after her question.

"So why did you wake me up then?" Clary asked rhetorically. "Besides don't you normally get up with the rising sun goldie?" She sat up with a grin, winding me up like it was the easiest thing but to be honest it was what she did best.

"I find sunsets to be more golden and therefore should get up much later, and as for waking you up: it had been one of my dreams for the longest time and resisting a temptation is not one of my special skills."

"That is the first flaw you have recognised about yourself." She mused and so I feigned being offended from her mockery.

"We spend the night together and now you decide to taunt me?"

"Love you too." Her laugh quickly switched to a serious face which made me raise an eyebrow. "All jokes aside I need to get up since I am on cooking duty and then I need to help Simon because he is lacking a training partner." Within minutes she was dressed and headed out of what I hoped to be our room eventually.

************************************
Third person

There was a certain comfort Clary found while cooking. It was displayed in a smile and a soft gaze while she turned and omelette at the side of her heated pan. Maybe it was the sounds it gave off or more likely: the smell which made her own stomach grumble. It had been while she was in hiding that she picked up her culinary skills but people could try it they would indeed say that she had talent when it came to cooking. Clary had treated it like a form of art and had the usual habit of presenting it beautifully on a plate, not that that was ever a complaint.

The moment the omelette had been done, she placed it onto a medium sized plate with stripes where it cooled down while she sprinkled it with salt and herbs for decoration. The table had been laid out like a buffet table, where Clary had shown off more than one technique with all the dishes she had cooked. French toast, waffles, omelettes, baskets filled with fruit and the sliced ham and cheese on platers all were placed neatly on the table and now she was adding final touches to how each thing was presented.