12.4 Hours Of Being Annoyed

Third person

"So?"

"So what Iz?" Clary raised an eyebrow in a quizzical way but ended up raising both.

Izzy seemed a little irked by the fact that Clary could not stay put even for a second while she did her makeup. Izzy was close to smudging some of Clary's eyeliner but her expert self had more than enough talent in that area and kept everything perfect. Obviously Clary didn't go without being scolded hundreds of times, which ended with Izzy brushing off Clary's question.

"Iz you didn't answer my question.." Clary eyed Izzy trying to read her blank expression.

"Oh yeah sorry. I just forgot because you were being so irritating by moving around. I love you but stay still. Also you wanted to know what I meant by 'so'?"

"Mmhmmm..."

"I meant that.. all you do is training even though I told you not to because of the party. I don't want you to be all sweaty."

"I already took a shower Iz, before you started to cake me with Makeup." Clary said in a sulky tone.

"I know and I'm not caking makeup, just a little foundation, bronzer, nude/brown eyeshadow, blush and lip gloss. It's not that much. Anyway I'm getting off topic, as I was saying you like to ignore my instructions. Why? Because you are mad at me, because I believe that you purposely block/isolate yourself from emotions but could, in fact would let the barrier drop if you let yourself and give others a chance like you did with me."

" Iz I'm not one bit mad at you, I never could. Maybe you're right or maybe I am just too damaged to be like the rest. Either way I am not bitter about the whole situation but I know that there's more to that so called 'so?'. " Clary said expectantly.

"You're right, there is. After our little morning chat I would've thought that you would stay away from Jace even me possibly." A saddened look seemed to overwhelm her usually glorious smile.

"I tried to avoid Jace, I really tried. You never, but with Jace... I definitely attempted to dodge him. I wanted to take a break and really think about what you said to me.. and no this doesn't mean anything. I don't have feelings for him. It's just I wanted to go train alone and process your words or perhaps see if there was anything I could contradict your argument with but obviously the angels have it out for me... "

" Why?" Izzy interrupted Clary before she could finish her train of thoughts.

" No I'm not blaming them for anything, it's just something I say when my day is miserable. "

" No, I know. Soon your day won't be miserable, especially tonight. The ball will be amazing. What I meant was why your day is 'unlucky'?" Izzy had finally finished with Clary's makeup after almost an hour of doing it. She seemed proud of her work and walked Clary to the full body mirror next to her wardrobe.

"Not unlucky but letting people in was and has always been proven to be troublesome for me and now that I have with you, don't get me wrong I'm happy I did but my life-long beliefs are being opposed and differed and right now I'm a mess."

"It's alright. I understand. You are not a mess Clary Fairchild and you look drop dead gorgeous in the dress and makeup."

Clary looked up and payed attention to every single detail of the outcome spending 4 hours with Izzy had done for her. For once in her life she could look at herself and take in the fact that she was beautiful. Scratch that, Izzy was beautiful - she was just pretty. Izzy had done so much to enhance her beauty, Clary thought to herself. She never believed she was pretty.

Izzy was the one who always looked stunning and of course she never stopped to amaze and even now Clary in her mind didn't believe that she was a match to Isabelle's beauty because now they both were fully dressed and made up.

They both wore red lipstick which contrasted Clary's outfit; while Izzy's matched her fully red dress and heels. Izzy wore a tad more makeup but it was the perfect amount.

Clary's heels were simply plain black and had a few straps but her actual outfit was the show stealer.

Both girls radiated glamour and elegance, there beauty absolutely alluring. Though Izzy forced Clary into this 'self-care' and makeup stuff she didn't regret it as much as she thought she would. Yes it took 4 hours and yes Izzy got a little to worked up and frustrated but the end result was beyond dazzling.

Izzy's outfit :

Clary's outfit:

Clary's outfit:

P. S I apologise for the bad quality photos.

Also thank you for reading this fanfic.