21.Can She Recover

Jace pov

I saw her drop to the floor with my very eyes.

A demon stood over her fallen body as her eyes blinked trying to stay awake but she didn't succeed. Her eyes shut.

I watched as Izzy turned with a horrified expression as she saw Clary's body collapsed on the floor.

She saw the demon standing over her still body. Her quick reactions ended with her taking her staff and converting it into a whip.

"Go to hell bitch!" I heard her yell as her whip chocked the demon which crumbled into particles of dust.

I stood motionless unable to move any limb in my body as I watched her ivory body become even paler.

Seeing her wounded self felt like a sharp sword through my heart. All I wanted to do was cradle her in my arms but just looking at her immobile body stopped me dead at my track.

Reality hit as I saw Izzy fall beside her hugging Clary. "Clary why would you do that?" I heard Izzy whisper as tears rolled down her cheeks and landed on Clary's skin.

I rushed towards her almost crashing into Izzy as I knelt down to pick her up.

Her lifeless body felt limp in my arms as I pulled her even closer to me. Tears burned up in my eyes and started blurring my vision.

Izzy quietly sobbed on the floor, hugging herself as her body shook from the crying. Alec layed next to her, embracing his sister in what was meant to be a calming hug.

It was at that moment Simon dashed beside me with his vampire speed.
I couldn't hear anything because my head spun in all directions.

"Clarrryyyy!" Simon screamed her name as tears too pickled his eyes.

I started walking unsure of where I would take her but knew that she needed to rest as we attempt something to cure her.

"Where are you taking biscuit?" Magnus asked his voice breaking in between his sentence.

"We can't take her back to the academy. It would be too risky for her to portal." Alec stood up saying that, also distraught from Clary being unconscious.

"I am taking her to the institute, where she will be safe while we figure out a way to bring her back conscious." I answered them carrying her out from the back door of the club.

Simon and Izzy walked behind me with tear stained cheeks and blood red eyes and then the rest followed.

***********3 days later*************

3 days without decent sleep or with enough food. 3 days since she's been stung with demon venom without waking up from her temporary coma and 3 days since I haven't left her side to go anywhere.

Everyone has been telling to get some rest, eat food or take a walk to clear my head but all of that means I would have to leave her side for more than 5 minutes.

Now her still body lay on the bed of the infirmary of the New York institute ever since our mission. She had many visits from Magnus, Izzy, Alec and Simon, where as I never went away with hope that she would wake up at any moment.

No iratze worked on her even though we tried multiple times, it had no effect since the wound was close to her heart.

Magnus had done an amazing job of stopping the venom from spreading further into her organs but that doesn't mean her life isn't on the line.

The demon had done its damage and I can tell that she is fighting for her life. Everyday I pray to the angels that she would wake up, every single day. I beg that she will come back to me; I have dreamt that she would become a part of my reality again.

The door opened but I didn't look at who had entered because my gaze was on Clary as I took hold of her hand in mine, I nearly always did.

"Do you think she'll wake up?" Izzy's voice sounded across the room. She blinked the tears that formed in her eyes away.

"I know she will wake up." I told her with all the determination I could muster. "If anyone can do it, it would be Clary. She is so strong it almost makes her invisible." I gripped her hand tighter in mine and hoped. Once I was told that hope is a powerful thing, that it was its own breed of magic.

Izzy sat beside me looking also at Clary. "You're right. If Valentine couldn't break her then no one can."

Now that shocked me: Clary had entrusted her with that part of her life. I could tell that Izzy wasn't aware of the full story behind the broken girl but knew to the extent that Valentine was her father.

I always knew that her and Izzy were close but now I knew that she trusted Iz with her life to reveal even so much to her.

Izzy must have seen the astonishment on my face because of her simple reply. "I knew she told you so it was just simple to divulge something like that." I nodded  understanding. "Jace I am so sorry." Tears sprang from her eyes like the waters of a waterfall that tumbled down her smooth skin.

"For what?"

"It's my fault she is in this situation. If it wasn't for me she would not be laying unconscious fighting for her life." Her tears rained down on Clary's bed.

"Clary saved you Izzy. She did it because she puts people before herself. Although I hate seeing her in this position I am glad she saved you because I know Clary will make it but I could never hand losing you."

"I know but...."

"No buts Izzy. Clary would never want to guilt trip you so don't feel like anything is your fault. We haven't lost Clary and we won't but don't go blaming yourself over something that you can't control. It's the demon's fault not yours." I interrupted her.

" You're right. I guess all we can do for now is pray. "