28.Pulvis Et Umbra Sumas

Izzy pov

I had a certain discomfort in my chest, a bad feeling as you would call it. I paced up and down without having a clue as to where this will lead to but my gut feeling was telling me to check up on Clary who I believe to have woken up after a lot of iratzes and several of Magnus's spells to at least get rid of some of her physical scars.

As I was unknowingly staring at the floor I crashed into someone.

"Jace?" I questioned as I gazed at him curious as to why I found him in Clary's room since it was obvious that that was where he was heading from.

"Iz, Clary's gone." He half screamed at me, straining his vocals from the terror he was feeling.

"What?" Fright consumed every cell in my body. It was like a bomb exploded in my head turning my brain into mush of conflicting instructions.

"I came to check up on her and I saw that she was out of bed but I don't think she has disappeared on us again just that she had ran off for a breather." Jace rationalised my morbid thoughts.

"I will still send a fire message to the others that to check if they know where she could be?" I finally stated bringing out my phone. I had failed to notice that Jace had gone with a one last goodbye as he ran down the school corridors probably out to find Clary.

************************************

Simon pov

I roamed through the forest, my feet taking me through the everlasting grass with the colossal trees. I lingered at every step maybe it was due to the fact I was deeply lost or maybe because there was no other place like Idris even outside of Alicante.

Sometimes it was worth lingering on the journey before reaching a final destination, the problem was that I had no final purpose.

As I came around a large, on the verge of dying tree, I saw a fire of red hair instantly determining her to be Clary.

Though confusion washed over me like a storm on a rainy day as to why she was out of bed, I rapidly walked up to her seeing her startled for the first time. "Sorry I didn't mean to spook you."

"You didn't but I wasn't expecting any visitors especially at this side of Brocelind." She immediately replied, patting down the grass for me to sit on it. Clary was sat on a hill the neighbouring trees almost forming a shield around her.

"It wasn't my intention to end up lost." I elucidated.

"So I had noticed."

"My question is why are you here? Aren't you meant to be in bed resting?" I asked befuddled.

She heavily sighed to show the tension had left her again melancholy. "I am supposed to be many things, dead being one of them but it doesn't necessarily always happen."

"You have a point but I won't allow you to die no matter what comes in our way." I tried to emphasise that we were all in it together because no matter how much I loved Clary for being herself, she to was flawed in the sense that she was perhaps never to trust other people to help her.

" You'd be far from the truth if you think it was my plan to choose to die. It's a miracle that I endured this much and survived this long. The thing is miracles are not the answers no matter how much we want them to be."

" I guess I am just not used to someone trying to kill me so often. "

Clary had this smile across her lips; it was a smile that had almost a sarcastic undertone to it. "For once I wish I could say the same." She laughed it off as if it was a daily thing that never crossed her mind because to an average person it would be bizarre but I suppose Clary is anything but average, she's even different for a shadowhunter.