6.Never Again

Clary pov

"You are a bad b*tch, you know that right." Izzy said in between laughter.

"Thank you. So how exactly are we going to go shopping, I mean Alicante isn't exactly ideal for shopping. Not that I really care, I hate it anyway but with you I might change my mind on it."

"I don't know whether to be offended or to say awww thanks. To answer your question, Magnus is going to portal us to New York." Izzy replied energetically.

"For the record I am not sweet and cuddly, I rarely say things like that and you are I guess, one of my very few friends." I looked down as, I do sometimes. "

I am overjoyed that there is finally a girl in the group too."

She made me smile, Izzy was truly one of the loveliest people ever. I am grateful to have meet her. "You don't even know me Iz."

"I don't need to. We all have something dreadful that has happened in our lives but I can see that you are a good person. No matter what has happened to you, you have turned out to be an admirable person/shadowhunter. Here comes Magnus." I grinned at her even more widely and we turned to Magnus who was flicking his hands to create a portal.

" How are you biscuit and Iz? " Magnus cheerfully greeted us as we stepped into the portal.

**********(New York) ***************

" I'm fine but I am dreading going shopping with you two." I replied playing exhausted.

"Relax, it's not like you are going to die."

"That's what you think Iz but have you met Clary." Magnus said and we all started laughing as we headed through the entrance of the mall.

"He speaks the truth, shopping and I don't mix together. I just hope a demon attack cuts this nightmare shopping trip short."

"I don't, school was boring and we need a break. Also, how are you not tired from training and beating up Verlac."

"Oh yeah biscuit, I'm sorry I missed the show. How did it go?"

"You could say, he won't be a bother anymore. Let's just hope his shoulder heals fast though I doubt he will report that I beat him up." I said shrugging my shoulders while Izzy and Magnus chuckled.

"Ehh, he will be alright but he definitely deserved it. I think the best part is when you kicked my brother." Izzy said with non stop laughter.

"You kicked Alec?" Annoyance showing in Magnus's voice.

"No I kicked blondie because he wouldn't tone his ego down. Usually it's tolerable but this time I quit with his boasting." I said proudly.

"That's my girl, " Magnus said.

"It was hilarious, he did not expect it. I regret not filming it." Izzy screamed while simultaneously laughing.

Magnus let out a low laugh.

"Oh by the way there is a party at the Lightwood Manor in about two weeks, Magnus I assume Alec has already invited you. Clary you're coming and no buts, however it is a formal party so we will have to go dress shopping." Izzy called out while dragging me by the arm to all the different shops.

" By the angel, this suddenly got worse." I let out a low sigh.

********************************

" A demon did not manage to kill me but this did. What the hell Iz, this took hours and why in the world do we need this much stuff? Not to mention how much we spent.. thank the angels the clave decided to start paying shadowhunters more." I exclaimed while Magnus laughed at my fuming self.

"It's not that bad, besides we managed to get you a dress for the party and many more outfits and makeup."

"Reality check Iz, I don't wear that many dresses, skirts and that type of clothing, nor do I wear that much makeup. Never again am I going shopping with you two."

"And you should. It suits you." Izzy affirmed her statement and Magnus nodded in agreement.

"No thanks, I will stick to what I've got."

"Fine I will take what you won't wear but you are keeping at least half of the stuff and the dress for the party included."

"Deal."

"Great!" Izzy jumped up and down on her heels while we all walked through the portal.

********* ************************

We arrived just at the entrance of the dorms and all headed to our rooms -mine was shared with Izzy so we continued to talk and take out our stuff. I kept a few things, some of which I wouldn't exactly wear but I will have to try at some point. I also got a lot of art supplies and canvasses, therefore I started to draw during which Izzy took a shower.

There was a knock at the door but I couldn't be bothered to see who it was not to mention it was open, additionally I was busy with my painting as well as swaying my hips to a random song that was played.

"Need a model." I heard the or so familiar voice from behind making me turn on my heel. My eyes met his golden orbs that seemed to glow in this lighting.

An unnoticeable blush appeared from the fact that I was awkwardly swaying my hips but I played it cool. "You seem to be everywhere. It seems you are the one who's stalking."

"You don't seem mad about it in fact you seem to enjoy my presence."

"Hardly." I smiled with self-confidence.

"No need to get over excited about me stalking you, I came to tell Izzy that dinner will be ready in 20 minutes. I didn't know you were her roommate. Care to join us red?"

"Sure, I will join you in a sec after Izzy gets out of the shower."

"Oh nice painting and I enjoyed your little dance but are you sure you don't need a model? I mean you have all of this on offer." Jace stated cockily pointing at his well-defined body, it was as if modeled and godly like. It was then that I realised I was probably staring for a bit too long which sadly didn't go unnoticed by him as a smirk extended on his face.

" Not that I am saying you would be suitable for the model of my artwork, how do you suggest I draw you?" I challenged him while returning one of his signature smirks.

"How about one of your French girls?" An infectious grin was plastered on his face.

"Oh you mean the naked ones? Unfortunately I don't think you are worthy of such a title or whatever you want to call this rewarding job." A smile of satisfaction appeared on my face at my retort.

"To bad, I think I would look best in nothing but sheets covering me." It was as if he bit back everytime I spoke leading on the initial provocation.

"Really because if I had a painting like that I would burn it?" I half jokingly concluded.

"Surely you would hang it up on the wall and stare at it just like you did moments ago."

"Oh shut up!" I exclaimed receiving a small laugh from him. At this point Izzy had walked out of the shower covered by a large towel. A look of shock on her face turned to a grin at the same time wriggling her eyebrows which induced a glare from me.

Jace was first to break the rather uncomfortable silence, "Dinner is ready in 20 Iz."

"Alright we will meet you there, now get out so we can get ready." With that Jace sped out of our room.