twenty four.

~𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫~

Isabel took a deep breath and started explaining what she wanted to say.

"So... you know when we had the New Year's Eve party and I took you home" she begin and looks down at her shoes.

Kairi just nodded and puffed more smoke out into the air.

"Well when you were in my car... you um were telling me how beautiful I am and how I should be your girlfriend.... then you uh said you loved me" she chuckles but not a happy chuckle.

"You also kissed me" Issy shrugs. "I told you to leave and you did. I didn't want to tell you the next day when I picked you up because I thought it'd be awkward and with you being with Maddie at the time I just couldn't bring myself to tell you."

Kairi sighs and looks at Issy in disbelief.

"Really. I said that?"

Isabel slowly nods.

"Ha"  he giggles.

"This ain't funny Kai. You told me you loved me and that I should be your girlfriend. I don't like hearing that kinda stuff when it's not true"

Kairi puts out his blunt and stands up. He turns around and walks to the door.

"You know what they say" he spoke and looked behind him. Isabel turned her head to face him.

"Drunk sayings are always sober thoughts" he shrugs and walks inside.

Isabel stayed there stunned. She didn't know what to say. She was shocked. Confused and some sort of her was happy.

Issy sighed and made her way inside.

She saw everyone laughing.

Isabel smiled at her friends. Everyone was finally happy.

Delilah noticed Isabel by the door and called her over. Isabel walked over there and sat down by Delilah and Jake.

Jake grabbed her hand and Isabel looked up at him with a smile on her face.

Jake leaned down and pecked her lips softly.

Issy looked back and saw kairi looking at them.

She sighed and looked down at her lap, while the rest laughed and chatted.

-

Later that night Isabel went home and her parents greeted her with a hug.

She hugged them back but with not as much passion.

Her mom kept bugging her about were she was or they were gonna call the police to go out and look for her.

Issy new those sayings weren't true, especially the one with the police.

The only time they messaged her was once a week.

Isabel just nodded and rolled her eyes every now and then.

"You know we thought you were hurt!" Issy's dad yells pointing a finger at her.

"Sorry" she sighs.

"We thought you lived across the country" her mom joined in.

"Yeah! For all we know you could've been laying in a ditch somewhere, dead!"

"Why did you leave?"

"That was a wrong thing to do"

"I might as well ground you!"

There voices just kept going through issy's head. She couldn't handle it anymore. They were annoying, controlling, obsessive and basically wouldn't leave her alone.

"I said I'm sorry Alright!" Isabel shouts and runs upstairs to her room.

Isabel slammed her bedroom door shut and laid on her bed staring at the ceiling.

She thought about what kairi said earlier. How drunk sayings are sober thoughts. He loved her? He wanted her to be his girlfriend?
Her parents were right. For all they know she could've been dead. Isabel had to apologize.

Isabel got up and walked downstairs. Her parents were sitting in the living room. Her dad was sat in his usual chair with a newspaper and a cup of coffee and her mom was knitting what seems to be a scarf.

"Hey uh mom dad" Isabel walked into the room and both pf her parents heads shot up.

"Hey I just came down here to apologize. I know you guys were just caring for me and I agree with you. I could've been dead somewhere." Isabel sighs and carries on. "I'm really sorry for the way I've treated you and I hope you can forgive me for my behavior?"

Her mom nods and stands up and sighs looking at the girl that stood in front of her.

"We forgive you Isabel. I understand you've been going through a lot of pressure with the baby and not really seeing your friends. I understand that you maybe wanted to get out of the house for a bit but you could've told us... that's what I would've wanted. I would've wanted to know that you safe." Issy's mom pulls her in for a hug, soon to be joined by her dad.

Later in the night the three watched a movie together in their living room. Sometime laughing about the movie or just stopping the movie to talk about a bit.

Isabel was happy with her family.

Her and her friends were back on track, her relationship with Jake was amazing and her relationship with her parents was finally coming together.

-
[To be continued]

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been posting chapters in a while, I've just been reading this book on Wattpad and if I'm being honest it's probably the best book I've ever read.

The ending made me literally cry. It was so sad.

I added the book to my '80's books' collection. It's called 'her way'.

Also the book is coming to an end, just a few more chapters then it's over.

I'm not sure if I wanna do a sequel or not. Let me know if I should or not?

Anyways...

Stay safe!

Black lives matter ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

Love you all 💜