◇ Progress ◇

(1243 words)
No one's p.o.v

"Jungkook honey. Wake up sweetie." Jungkook fell asleep about an hour ago. He was exhausted and he passed out. His mom woke him up because it was time to do the blood transfusion.

"Baby Taehyung is stable enough come on." By her words he woke up fully and got up. Dr. Yen was standing by the ICU door waiting for Jungkook. He followed him into a room.

"Take a seat young man." He took a seat on the chair in the middle of the room. "Okay so we have Taehyung stable enough to do the transfusion but we need to do it quickly because we don't know how long enough he will be stable so lets start shall we." Jungkook nodded. Dr. Yen called in a nurse.

"Yes sir?" The nurse asked, coming into the room. "This is the young man we are retracting blood from." She nodded and closed the door. "I'm on it doctor." Dr. Yen smiled and pat Jungkook's shoulder before leaving the room.

"Hello I'm Taya, nurse Taya whatever you like. This is going to sting for a few seconds okay." She wipped the spot where she was going to put the needles with disinfectant. She stuck the needle in and Jungkook didn't bother reacting.

Time skip

After about 10 to 20 minutes of this, they were finally done retracting the blood. The nurse handed Jungkook another apple juice and some gram crackers. "Eat these and you will gain your strength back." She said sweetly.

"Will this help him?" Jungkook asked suddenly. "Hm?" The nurse asked looking up. "Will my blood help Taehyung." He asked more specifically and Nurse Taya smiled and nodded.

"Yes very much, the blood will circulate through Taehyung's brain and it can help him with many things." She informed and he nodded.

"But there is a chance it wont." He asked again and she nodded with a sympathetic smile. "Yes there is, there always is but Taehyung seems like a strong boy." He nodded.

"Okay Jungkook lets get you back to your family and friends and the doctors and I will inform all of you when the transfusion is finished okay?" Jungkook nodded and followed her out.

They walked back into the waiting room and everyone's head snapped up. Jungkook walked back to his space and sat back down. "Are you okay honey?" Mrs. Jeon asked her son and he nodded.

"The doctors and I will inform you all when the transfusion has been done." Nurse Taya informed and everyone nodded. She left and it went silent again. Jungkook drank his juice as told but didn't touch his food.

"Hun you need to eat this." Mrs. Jeon said trying to hand him the granola bar but he rejected it. "I will eat once Taehyung is fine." Jungkook said looking up serious. "That could take a while babe." He shrugged. He didn't care.

"I'll wait as long as it takes." He said laying his head against the wall and closing his eyes. Naeyon sighed giving up, she knew she couldn't crack him. Mr. Jeon rubbed her back and ahe laid her head against his shoulder.

"Mino and I are going to go get coffee do you guys want one?" Hokeok asked getting up with Mino. Everyone shook their heads and they left to the hospital cafeteria.

Jimin had fallin' asleep on Yoo gi's shoulder and Namjoon and Jin were talking to Jungkook's parents. They introduced themselves and everything and Jungkook just sat there listening. He just wanted to know if Taehyung was okay or not. It was eating him up inside and soon he wouldn't be able to take it anymore.

Time skip

It's been an hour since Jungkook got back from the blood transfer and Hoseok and Mino had already come back and sat right back down. Everyone stood up at the same time as the ICU door opened once again. Dr. Yen had come out. Jimin had woken up from all the commotion and stood up with everybody.

"How is he?" Jin asked clutching onto his hoodie sleeve. Dr. Yen smiled widely. "The blood transfusion help him a lot. His heart beat is stronger. And the blood seemed to help his brain function strengthen but he still can't breathe on his own."

Everyone sighed in relief. There was improvement and thats all they needed to have a little bit of Joy. "Will he survive?" Jungkook asked. "Most likely. For the progress he is making now can lead to him recovering but the only concern we have is his lungs and him not being able to breathe without help. That can be a problem but we will work on helping his lungs." Everyone nodded.

"I know this is much for everything but can my son at least see him?" Jungkook's mom asked. Dr. Yen smiled and nodded. "Yes you may he is in room 205." They nodded and Jungkook went to go find the room.

Then he stopped and turned around. He grabbed his mom's hand and brought her with him. They walked and found the room Taehyung was in. Jungkook took a deep and shaky breathe and opened the door.

He slowly walked in and saw Taehyung laying on the hospital bed. His eyes got teary seeing his Taebear motionless and with a oxygen mask on. He turned around and looked at his mom. She smiled and nodded.

He turned back around and walled closer to him. "H-hi Taehyungie." His voice cracked from the lump in his throat but he didn't care much. He was crying give him some slack.

He gently grabbed Taehyung's hand and held it in his hand. "T-thank you for being so strong for us. Thank tou for not giving up." He rubbed his thumb along the back of Tae's hand.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there f-fast enough. I'm sorry I wasn't enough to make you want to stay." A tear fell down his face as he spoke. "If you fight harder and live for me baby, I will try harder to make you feel loved Taehyung."

"I love you so much and I can't lose you so please live for me." Jungkook pleaded and bent down and kissed Taehyung's forehead. Naeyon grabbed a chair from the corner of the room and gave it to Jungkook. "Here honey." Jungkook pulled the chair and sat down next to Taehyung's bed.

"Honey I'm going to go, sadly I just got a message from work I have to go its unavoidable." Mrs. Jeon said sadly. "It's okay. Thank you for coming." Jungkook said looking at his mother. "Of course. I love Taehyung too. Goodbye. I love you and make sure you rest."

"I love you too mom and I will." With that she left the room. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung. He was still a little pale but that's what happens when you die and come back.

"Baby. I don't know if you could hear me or not but I beat his ass. Taehyung I beat Kang's ass. I could of killed him if it wasn't for Namjoon and Yoongi hyung." Jungkook slightly chuckled.

"But I wish they wouldn't of pulled me off. That asshole deserves everything that comes to him." Jungkook said with a huff.

Jungkook just sat there and talked to the sleeping Taehyung but soon he became sleepy himself and fell asleep with his head on the bed, still holding Taehyung's hand.