2. Your Legs are So Long

After I settle in my room, Jimin offers to take me on a tour of the school, which he says is part of his job description.

We leave the dorm, which I notice is named 'Seven' according to a plaque next to the main entrance.

"Seven?" I wonder out loud.

Jimin notices where my gaze is fixed and stops. Running his fingers on the golden plaque, he says, "It's the seventh dorm in the school."

"Are the others named one, two, three and so on?"

He chuckles. "No. They just decided to name this one Seven."

I nod, my eyes finding another distraction. His fingers are moving over the indentations on the plaque, and I notice that they're short. Like, really, really short.

It's like everything with him is kind of small and cute.

When he's done caressing the plating, we walk away from the dorm area.

"So, what school do you come from?" he asks as we walk on a cobblestone path bordered by well-trimmed grass and shrubs.

"I don't think you'll recognize it, it's quite far."

"This is your first time at a boarding school, right?" he asks.

"Why do you assume that?" I ask. My nervousness isn't showing, is it?

Jimin turns around, walking backwards and watching me. "Because of the way you hugged your parents while saying goodbye." He smiles again, then wraps his arms around his body. He proceeds to sway side to side, as if he's in a hug. "You clearly haven't been away from them before."

I laugh at his imitation and reach forward to swat at his hands. "I didn't do that."

"You so did. You're so cute," he says, then reaches forward to tousle my hair.

Look at the pot calling the kettle black.

It makes me blush, nonetheless, and I look sideways at the amazing surroundings around us. This place feels like a serene meditation resort tucked away on some mountain, and not a school.

"Here's the dining hall," Jimin announces, and I turn my attention back to him.

Looking forward, I notice a huge stone and glass building in front of us.

"That's huge," I mutter in awe. It looks like it could fit five of my previous school's cafeteria in it.

"You think?"

"It looks amazing."

"Wait 'til you meet the food," he teases.

There are students streaming in and out of the two entrances that are visible from here. The school day must have come to an end.

That's when the nervousness really starts settling in. For the past thirty minutes, it has been just me and Jimin, but now I get to face the rest of my new schoolmates.

My friends back home kept pointing out that bullying is rampant in boys' schools. I'm not the biggest boy around, and that has me worried. What if I don't make any friends, or become the kid that everyone picks on?

"Want to grab a snack before proceeding on the rest of the tour?" Jimin offers, already walking towards the building.

I remain at my spot, not taking a step forward. "No, I'm fine."

"Nervous?" he asks, getting back to me.

I shake my head and deny, "No. I'm just excited to see the school."