12. Don't Cry

12. Don't Cry

I knock on the door and step back.

I've never been here before. I'm in another one of the school dorms. This one has an interesting name, The Beach. Yes, they totally named a dorm The Beach. I get it, it's from the school's name, but still...

The door opens and a tall pink haired guy appears.

When he sees me, his eyes widen, but he composes his expression quickly.

"Hi," I greet.

He looks me up and down, straightens in the doorway, then crosses his arms over his chest. "What do you want?"

Okay, this is not going how I envisioned this going.

I've seen this guy around, and usually around Jungkook. Could he be his roommate?

And why does he sound annoyed?

I shift uncomfortably under his steady, brown gaze, already rethinking my decision to come here.

"Is this Jungkook's room?" I manage to ask finally.

He cocks his head to the side. "What if it is?"

"Can I talk to him?"

"No you can't."

My discomfort begins diminishing, getting replaced by annoyance. "Are you his roommate?"

"That's none of your business," he retorts.

I don't know this guy, and he doesn't know me. Why is he being so mean?

I'm about to turn around and leave when a familiar voice emerges from inside the room.

"BamBam, who is it?"

The guy... Whose name is BamBam, it seems, takes hold of the door, pulling it to hide the view from inside.

"No one," he fibs.

"That's him, can I talk to him?" I ask.

Why doesn't he want me to speak to Jungkook?

"Go away," he shoos.

I glare at him, having ran out of my patience.

"Jungkook!" I call out.

There's a moment of silence. Then the guy retreats and slams the door shut in my face.

What the heck?

I knock again. "JK? It's Tae."

Is Jungkook really that mad at me? I know I've ignored him these last few days, but I can't help being concerned after yesterday. I haven't seen him since the incidence at the office.

The door opens and Jungkook appears.

He looks at me, sighs, then gazes at the ceiling above me.

"What?"

Forgetting about the cold welcome I just received from whoever the hell that other guy is, a smile forms on my face when I see him. "Hi!"

I don't think I realised how much I've gotten used to him, and how I valued his friendship until now. I guess I was too busy being butt hurt over Jimin.

"Hey," he mutters, still not looking at me.

Jungkook usually has no trouble saying what's on his mind. There are some times, however, when he can be quite timid, as if intimidated. For now, I figure that maybe he's embarrassed that I saw him crying. The memory tugs at my heart, and I feel like hugging him.