24. The Last Kiss

24. The Last Kiss

"What?" I muttered, staring at Jimin.

An open relationship? That meant... That's...

That's the one where people are allowed to have other partners besides their boyfriend or girlfriend, right?

Jimin nodded. "Yeah. I wouldn't have pursued you or kissed you otherwise." He paused. "But I still would have been attracted to you, I bet. From the moment I saw you... I couldn't get over your cute looks. And then I got to know you and-"

"Stop," I said, pressing my palm to his lips. "Don't."

I could feel my face heating up. He just had to do it, didn't he?

A smile crossed his lips. "Aww, is Tae blushing?"

"No," I denied, looking away. Where did that pain in my knee go? I needed a distraction.

Jimin chuckled. "So, what do you say?"

"Huh?" I mumbled. What were we talking about again?

"Hoseok and I are in an open relationship. He has no problem with what's going on between us. Do you still want me to leave you alone?"

"He knows?" I sputtered, mortified.

"About you and me? I haven't told him directly, but I think he knows."

I felt my face heat up again, for a very different reason. "Don't! Don't tell him. How would I face him... Oh my God. What if he knows... How can I face him again?"

"Calm down, Tae. I already told you he wouldn't mind."

I refused to believe that. Maybe he wouldn't mind if it was someone else, but me? We were roommates! But more than that, friends!

What did it say about me that I was going behind his back with his boyfriend, despite the fact that, apparently, it was okay with him?

That only made me seem like a bad person with no integrity.

If he knew about it...

No.

"We still can't," I told Jimin.

"Come on, Tae. You want me, right?"

"Yes, I do. But just because I want something doesn't mean that I should take it."

"What are you so afraid of?" he challenged.

Besides a broken heart?

"Are you afraid you'll be a bad friend?" he enquired.

Well, there's that too.

"Hoseok doesn't care, I promise."

"I don't believe that, Jimin. He's your boyfriend, and I know that he loves you. Of course he would care."

"You think you know him so well, huh?"

I sighed. Did I? I knew he was a great guy. He was kind, and he was there for me when I was at my lowest.

It's impossible for me to believe that he wouldn't care if I was fooling around with his boyfriend.

Worse, that I had developed feelings for him.

Maybe Jimin wasn't doing something wrong, but that didn't mean I wasn't.

"Sorry, I don't think I can do this," I told him.

"Please, Tae. How about you think about it?" he suggested, his tone pleading.

What would I be thinking about, anyway? About how I would be Jimin's side fling while he remained in a relationship with Hoseok?