19. I Got Jealous

19. I Got Jealous

When we get back to school, Hoseok goes off to practice, while I curl up on his bed with his pillows because there's no way I'm going to wander around alone.

I take out my phone, only now realising that I should have had the screen replaced while we were out.

I go through my earlier conversation with Jimin. Since I want to know what has got him in a low mood again, I send him a simple 'hey' text.

When twenty minutes go by without a reply from him, I give in to the sleep that's making my eyes heavy.

I come to with someone shaking me awake. My eyes flutter open, and there's Jimin looking down at me.

"Hi," I mumble, rubbing my eyes. The lights are on in the room, and the curtains are closed. "What time is it?"

"Almost eight. You wanna get something to eat?"

I shake my head. I ate a lot at the party.

"Anything to drink?"

I shake my head again.

"Okay," he says.

Two seconds later, I realise he's leaving. I perk up from my leftover sleepiness.

"Jimin!"

He stops, but doesn't look at me. "What?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"No."

"Then come here."

"Tae," he sighs.

"You're avoiding me. What did I do?"

"Nothing."

"Then stop acting like that. We made up in the morning, right?"

He says nothing.

"Jimin, you can't keep doing this to me. We are either friends or we are not. You can't keep getting mad at me for nothing, without any explanation."

"I said I'm not mad at you," he insists.

I scoff. "Yeah, right. You won't even look at me."

He turns around and looks at me. "I'm looking at you."

I reach forward and grab his hand. "You act like I've hurt you one second then you're sending your apologies the next, then before I know it you're mad at me again. I really can't handle these circles, Jimin."

"Well then don't," he grumbles.

"You're my friend, I kind of have to."

He sighs, then pulls his hand from my grip. "I don't think I can be your friend, Tae."

"What?" I gape. I misheard that, right? "Why?"

"Because I'll keep taking you round and round. I'm sorry, but that's how I am. I burden the people I care about. And I don't think you're used to dealing with a needy brat like me."

I frown and scoot on the bed to get closer to him. I hold his hand again. "Don't say that. You just need to tell me when you're upset with me, then I can make it up to you."

"It's not that easy."

"Why not?"

"Because you never do anything wrong. It's just me being selfish. I'm always selfish, Tae."

"No you're not."

"Yes, I am. I don't want to be your friend only because I don't want to be just friends with you. I get jealous because I think Hoseok likes you, yet I like you too. Every time I look at you, I want to kiss you."