23. We Don't Have To Stop

23. We Don't Have to Stop

(An/ from this chapter onwards, I'm changing the narration from present to past tense )

Everything was going fine until Jimin decided to join me and my friends for dinner one evening.

It was Thursday, and we hadn't spoken to each other for the entire week.

So, I didn't expect him to appear there, uninvited.

I was engrossed in my dinner when the boy next to me moved, allowing someone to sit in his place.

I looked up, my eyes clashing with Jimin's.

He smiled. "Since you don't sit with me anymore, I decided to sit with you today. Miss me?"

I stared back at him, flabbergasted. I turned slightly and looked back at his table.

The usual suspects were there, but I couldn't see Hoseok.

"Seok is still at practice," Jimin told me, noticing my gaze. "So I was bored."

"Okay," I mumbled, turning back to my food.

I exchanged a glance with Jungkook, who was seated on my other side. I shrugged and he mouthed, "It's fine."

"So, what have you been up to lately?" Jimin asked, drawing my attention back to him.

"Nothing much," I mumbled.

He leaned in, bringing his face close to the side of mine. "Did you miss me?" he asked, his voice low and only meant for me.

I would be lying if I said it didn't send a shiver down my spine.

"Stop," I whispered back.

"I've tried avoiding you, but I can't stop thinking about it."

My eyes checked my tablemates discretely, looking to see if anyone was paying attention. Thankfully, they all seemed to be minding their own business.

"About what?" I muttered, but wished I hadn't been so curious a second later.

"Kissing you."

I choked, covering my mouth quickly.

A hand rested on my thigh.

"Sorry," Jimin said, not sounding sorry at all.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked.

I looked at Kook and nodded. "I'm fine," I assured him in between coughs.

I dropped one of my hands below the table and pushed Jimin's hand off my thigh. What was he trying to do? He had stayed away from me for four days, why was he back?

Couldn't he see that it was much better if we stayed apart?

He didn't protest my attempt to remove his hand. But what he did next was way worse.

Just when I had scooped a mouthful of food, he positioned his left leg in between mine. I turned to him, giving him a sharp look.

He gave me an innocent smile before turning to his food.

I chewed up my food quickly and reached down to take his leg off.

But it wasn't that easy because he had entwined our two legs, making it hard for me to get him off without a commotion.

"What do you want?" I demanded through clenched teeth.

"You."

"Whats wrong with you?"