25. If I Can't Have You

"Morning, Tae! Last night you slept quite early."

I looked into the mirror in front of me and tried to ignore the dark circles beneath my eyes. I hoped Hoseok couldn't see them.

"I... Yeah," I muttered. "I was... Tired."

When I woke up, Hoseok wasn't in bed and I figured he had already left. I came to the washroom and there he was, at the sinks.

Hoseok's brow creased as he cuffed his school shirt. "Hey, Tae... Are you okay? Perhaps I was dreaming, I'm not sure, but... Were you crying last night?"

My heart beat quickened. Was I that loud? I shook his head and stared at the sink. "No."

A smile replaced Hoseok's frown. "Oh, great. Must have been dreaming. So, I wanted to ask you something last night."

"What is it?" I asked, remaining calm.

We were in the washroom. If it was anything to do with Jimin, I doubted Hoseok would ask about it in such a public place.

"Do you want to come with the dance team when we go to the competition? The school always gives extra buses for students to cheer us on, but I booked you a space on the team bus. Is that okay?"

I blinked. What?

"It's only 8 of us in the team, and about other 20 members of the dance club who'll come with the team. So there are still a lot of seats to be filled."

I nodded. "Sure, hyung. Thanks."

I had planned all along to go cheer him on. But I had thought I would be taking another bus.

Would Jimin be there?

What kind of question was that?

Of course he would be there.

The trip was the next day so I had to mentally prepare myself. But before that, I had to tell Jimin about my decision.

***

I had a free period after my art class, and I was planning to go to the library. The end terms were approaching fast and I did not want to get caught unawares.

When I stepped out of the art room, my head turned towards the practice room.

It was a habit that I had formed over the weeks I'd been at Beachwood. Pathetic, but some part of me was always hoping to catch a glimpse of Jimin.

Even now.

I almost collided into someone when I saw the object of my interest standing right outside the practice room, gazing at the students streaming from the art room.

Staring at me.

I gulped.

This was it, right? This was the perfect time to go and tell him about my decision.

I took a step towards him when someone took hold of my arm.

It was Jungkook.

"I have another class so I'll see you at lunch, cool?"

"Sure, 'Kook. Bye."

"See ya," he replied, skipping away.

I looked back to see that Jimin was no longer at the door. Taking a deep breath, I shuffled towards the practice room.

Now or never.

I pushed the door open and stepped in. There was no one else in the room, just Jimin. Great.