13. Call Me By Your Name

13. Call me By Your Name

Hey, do you want to hang out?

I stare at the text message on my phone, almost not believing it. Jungkook just sent me a text.

Asking me to hang out.

After yesterday, I didn't think he would do something like that.

Since I have nothing to do, and because I'm glad that he has reached out to me, I quickly reply back affirmatively.

I'm still in my room, chatting with my friends from home. Hoseok has taken a quick trip home with his brother, Seokjin. And, given that Jimin and I aren't exactly in talking terms, I'm stuck with nothing to do.

There are lots of places in the school I could have hung out, maybe I would even have taken a stroll in town. But I didn't feel like doing any of that all alone. And, not to forget, I'm low-key terrified of running into Liam. After what Hoseok did to him last time, I could only guess what he'll do to me if he got me alone.

Jungkook asks me to go to his dorm's common room. I've never been there before but I've heard quite a number of comments about how the Beach dorm had the best common room in the school. I'm eager to see exactly how it looks like, because Seven's common room already looks pretty grand to me with the huge sofas, plush armchairs, and the biggest plasma TV I've ever seen. Not to forget the fireplace.

Grabbing a hoodie, I pull it over my white CELINE t-shirt and leave my room.

Everything is going alright until I get to the stairs. I'm halfway to the ground floor when Jimin appears. He's headed upstairs.

When we see each other, we come to a stop.

I don't know what to do or say. Are we still friends? But before I can stress any more about it, Jimin's lips quirk in a smile, and he continues with his climb. For some reason I can't explain, I remain stationary, my hand on the banister beside me.

Jimin stops when he's a step below me.

"Going somewhere?" he asks.

Today, his blue silvery hair is styled in a fringe, half hiding his eyes. Nevertheless, that doesn't keep me from feeling the weight of his gaze on me.

"Yeah," I mutter.

"Where?" he inquires.

"Just, uh, to hang out with friends."

Beneath his hair, I noticed one brow curve upwards. "Oh, what friends?"

His tone indicates he can't think of any friends I would hang out with.

"Jungkook," I reply, a little defensively.

"Oh." Jimin's lips twist from side to side as if he's contemplating something. Finally, he asks, "Can I join?"

Can he join?

I have no idea. I have a feeling Jungkook would mind.

Why does he want to join, anyway?

He doesn't even know what we are hanging out to do.

"We're going to watch a movie," I inform him.

He grins. "Perfect. Shall we?" he asks, already walking back down the stairs.

There isn't really anything I can do or say to deter him. I'm a bit perplexed at the interaction, given how he had kind of ignored me last night. And the confrontation the night before that. I had started to think that our friendship was over, but it clearly isn't.