20. Forget It

20. Forget It

On Monday evening, the entire school gathers in the auditorium for a school assembly right after lunch hour.

It's odd because normally, school assembly happens in the morning. There must be something important going on.

I'm headed to sit with my classmates when Hoseok calls me to go and sit with him. Yoongi, Namjoon and Seokjin are seated with him. I end up between Hoseok and Yoongi.

"What's going on?" I ask Hoseok.

He shrugs, "I have no idea."

My eyes roam towards the side where the juniors are seated, looking for Jimin.

I haven't come across him today, but then again we agreed to avoid each other, didn't we? I notice him easily, thanks to his dyed hair. I miss him so much already, I don't think this avoiding each other thing is going to work.

The deputy principal gets on the podium and the students fall silent. Hoseok's right hand is playing with my hair, and I realise that I'm slowly leaning towards his touch.

Remembering Jimin's words, I pull back instantly. I really should stop getting too comfortable around Hoseok.

"I know you're all wondering why you have been called here," the deputy principal begins. His eyes roam around the auditorium, then he says, "One of you was this morning found with an insane amount of drugs in his dorm room. The discipline committee has called for his immediate expulsion."

The hall erupts in murmurs as students wonder who it was.

I turn to Hoseok. "Who is it?"

He shakes his head, "I don't know."

When the students are quietened down, the deputy principal continues, "In light of this, the staff are going to conduct an extensive inspection of all your desks and dorm rooms. Anyone found with stuff that goes against the school policies will be dealt with accordingly. If found with illegal drugs, you will be handed over to the authorities for further action..."

I zone off at this point because I catch sight of Jimin with his head turned, looking over to where we are sat. Our eyes meet for a second, then he looks away.

The deputy principal is saying, "When you leave this hall, you should head straight to your classes for the inspection to begin. Anyone found anywhere else on the school compound will face consequences and be treated as a suspect."

Another murmur rises in the hall. A curse sounds from the left side of the bleacher we are seated on. There are boys rising from their seats, making their way for someone who's making his way to...

It's Liam, and I freeze when I see him.

And he's making his way towards me.

"What the fùck?" Hoseok curses and grabs my hand. But it appears that Liam is headed for Yoongi. He catches him by surprise and grabs him by the hair, then punches him in the face.

The entire hall is now in chaos, with everybody trying to find out what's happening.

"Stupid faggot, you're gonna pay for this," Liam growls, hitting Yoongi.

I'm in shock for many seconds, and I don't do anything while Namjoon tries to pull Liam off Yoongi. But Yoongi has now become responsive to the hits and the two are locked in a tangle on the bleachers. Liam holds Yoongi's head between his hands, and I can see that he's going to bash him against the wooden seat.

I reach forward and grab Liam by the back of his school jacket and tug with all my might. He lets go of Yoongi and turns on me.

"Little shit," he spits, then smacks me across my face. I'm going to hit him back when I'm pulled aside and Hoseok charges at him.