30. It's Complicated

Warning: long chapter ahead lol 🐭

30. It's Complicated

Everything changed the Friday that we completed our exams.

One more week, and I would be going home. At that point, I was sure that I would be coming back for another term at Beachwood.

A lot of unpleasant stuff had happened in the short time I was there, but it had also taught me important lessons.

I refused to acknowledge the part of my heart that wanted me to remain just so I could continue seeing Park Jimin.

Despite how much he hurt me, I couldn't deny the fact that I wished he hadn't gotten over our friendship.

I couldn't deny that several times each day, I thought about approaching him and beseeching him to rethink his decision.

While I had not sent him another text since that day when Hoseok-hyung replied on his behalf, I had a few in my drafts that I stopped myself from sending.

Okay. Maybe not a few.

Back to that Friday when everything changed.

Everyone was ecstatic about completing the exams. So was I, but it got better for me after I received a call from Dad.

"Natasha came clean to her parents, and her parents apologised to us. Now, Kim Taehyung, why would you put your future on the line like that?"

I hadn't spoken to Natasha since that day at the park. But I was glad she had decided to come clean.

Even though it wouldn't undo the difficulty that my parents went through trying to find me a school, at least they didn't doubt me anymore.

"I didn't want her to get in trouble," I told him.

Dad sighed.

"We'll talk about it when you get home," he said. "It appears that you can now go back to your old school. After everything the Oliechs took us through, I'm not eager to jump up at the opportunity, but I don't mind if you want to go back. Since everything has been cleared up, there's no reason for you to stay at Beachwood if you don't want to."

"It's fine, Dad," I replied, feeling happier than I had in weeks. "But I think I'll stay at Beachwood. I'm fine here."

"Are you sure? That's not what you said when you came home that weekend."

"I know," I said, "But I've thought about it some more. I want to stay."

"Okay, son. It's up to you. If you're okay with the school, that's all that matters."

We talked a bit more before he hung up.

I held the phone to my chest, a silly smile on my face.

I was going to stay and make everything right.

       ....

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

I jolted in my seat, dropping my chopsticks into my bowl as I turned to look. That was Hoseok's voice.

Hoseok's angry, pissed off voice.

"What's going on?" Jungkook asked from beside me.

"Stay away from him, asshole. Leave him alone or I'm going to bash your face in."

I rose from my seat and tried to get a glimpse.

I could see Hoseok. He was facing off some dark-haired dude I couldn't recognize.