32. Blue & Grey

32. Blue & Grey

I was on to something when I thought that everything was too good to be true.

I was in my room the next evening, packing my clothes - there was still a day to go before school closed, but I was excited - when the door opened and Jimin appeared.

I gave him a smile, but it faltered a few seconds later when I took a good look at his face.

Had he been crying?

He closed the door behind him and stood before me.

I shot to my feet,giving him a concerned look. "Jimin, what's wrong?" I asked, reaching out to touch him.

He slapped my hand away, and that's when it registered to me that he was glaring at me.

"Hoseok kissed you."

My blood ran cold, and I couldn't think for several seconds.

He was looking at me with that same cold countenance I saw so many times when we were in bad terms.

It made my heart sink.

"I'm sorry, Jimin. It was a mistake," I apologised.

"Why didn't you think to tell me about it last night? Were you going to keep it a secret? It's true what I thought all along, right? Right, Taehyung?"

I shook my head, taking a step back. He looked so mad.

"It was nothing, I swear."

Jimin scoffed. "Yeah, right."

I reached for his hand, hoping to calm him down and talk about it civilly. "Jimin-"

He snatched his hand from mine and ran it through his hair. "You know what? I was right about you. How many times did you deny having feelings for him?"

"That's because I don't!"

"You're such a liar, Kim Taehyung."

Those were the exact words he used back when he threw our friendship away. How could I forget? They sliced through my heart back then, and now too.

"I was so ready to give everything to you, do you know that? All this time, I've been fighting my feelings for you, trying to convince myself that you are not special, that you're just another boy I would forget about soon. I was finally giving in to my true feelings, Taehyung. I was going to leave everything I had known for so long and be brave enough to love you. But you proved to me what I've known all along, that Hoseok is the only one for me. He's the only one who can make me happy, he understands me in a way no one else ever will, and he'll never hurt me!"

Everything was going by so fast.

What was he saying?

What did he mean?

Brave enough to love you?

Me?

That he had been fighting his feelings for me? Was Hoseok right?

No...

"Jimin, listen-"

"I don't need your explanations," he cut me off, wiping beneath his eyes. Oh God, he was crying. "He doesn't like you, okay? He did it to hurt me. He knew I had feelings for you. So don't go getting any hopes. Leave him alone."

"I left him alone," I stated weakly.

What else could I say? I had created my distance from them. Then Hoseok kissed me, and Jimin came back to me the previous night.