Chapter 1

Trigger warning:
•abuse
•self harm
•bullying
•suicidal talk/attempts
•rape/sexual assault
•unhealthy eating habits •homophobia

Other works:
•I'm Fine
•To Be So Lonely
•Tempest
•Glory and Gore (ongoing)
•Exile (ongoing)

Twitter and Instagram= twinklingpiscess

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here boys." Louis smirked at the curly headed boy who was perched on the grass. "Jesus Christ, the fairy is making a fucking flower crown. How gay is that?" He sneered, Zayn, Liam and Stan laughing.

"It's for my mum." Harry replied in a small voice as he tensed up.

"Awe how cute." Louis reached down, snatching it from his hands and tearing it into pieces.

"No-" Harry gasped, covering his mouth immediately.

"What was that, Styles?"

"N-nothing."

"Don't fucking lie to me. You know where that gets you."

"I-I'm sorry-"

Louis rolled his eyes, kicking Harry in the ribs, hard. Harry yelped, squeezing his eyes shut as the kicks kept coming, not just from Louis, but from Stan, Zayn and Liam as well.

As soon as the bell went they scurried off, leaving Harry on the grass as he tried to catch his breath.

"Mr Styles! Get to class this instant!" Harry's head snapped up as a teacher glared at him.

"Yes sir, sorry sir." He murmured, hauling himself up and trudging to class.

He stood there for a second, trying to muster up enough courage to enter the classroom, however, he knew that wouldn't happen so he instead knocked, entering the classroom before he could think twice about it.

He kept his head down as he felt all of the eyes on him, whispering to eachother as he took a seat at his desk.

"Harry, you're late." His teacher frowned.

"I know, I'm sorry sir. I didn't hear the bell." He lied, fiddling with his hands.

"Very well, make sure it doesn't happen again."

Harry nodded, shrinking back into his chair.

As soon as the bell rung out, Harry rushed out of the classroom, making his way quickly to the graveyard. Once he arrived, he slumped down in front of his mother's grave, tracing his finger over the words.

"Happy birthday, I'm sorry mummy." He sighed, "I-I did make you a flower crown, I promise. But it broke. 'm going to make another one and bring it to you after work. School still wasn't any better today, Louis and his friends picked on me again, and I was late for class. Everyone stared at me. I almost had a panic attack in front of the whole class. I wish you were still here mummy." He cried, "I miss you so much. Um, I-I have to go to work now. But I promise I'll bring you another flower crown later. I love you."

He wiped away his tears, standing up slowly before heading to work. He pushed the door open, pressing his lips together at the familiar jingling.

"Ah Harry, you're here."

"Hi Paul." Harry managed a small smile.

"What are those flowers for?" Paul gestured to the bunch a flowers in Harry's hand.

"It's my mum's birthday. I need to make her a flower crown, it's something I've done every year."

Paul nodded understandingly. "Have you had anything to eat today?"

"I had an apple."

"Come on, you can have something to eat then get changed and start your shift." He sighed.

"Thank you." Harry mumbled.

"What do you fancy today then? Cheese and tomato baguette?"

"Yes please." Harry nodded gratefully, "you don't have to feed me you know."

"Harry, you're a growing boy. You have to eat."

"Um, would I be able to take on an extra shift? In the mornings before school."

"No, no way." Paul shook his head firmly.

"Why not?"

"Because you're overworking yourself. You already work here for the maximum amount of hours and you work somewhere else on top."

"But I need the money..."

"I'm sorry Harry. I wish I could help but I can't. You can't work anymore hours here."

"Okay." He would just have to get another job in the mornings.

//

"Styles? What are you doing here?" Louis looked him up and down as he stood at the counter.

"I work here."

"How'd your mum react to the flower crown?" He sneered.

"I'm making her another one." Harry told him.

"God, you're so weird."

"It's her birthday."

"Just get her chocolates or something like any normal person."

"It's not like she'd eat them." He muttered, "what do you want?"

"Just get me 2 chocolate doughnuts and 3 of those brownies. Don't look at me like that, they're for my sisters, I'm not a pig."

"Sorry." Harry rushed to get the food together, placing the bag on the counter. "Um that will be £5.20."

Louis slid the money to him, taking the bag and walking out of the door.

"Harry? Are you alright? You look stressed."

"I'm fine."

"Tell me what's bothering you."

"It's just that it's getting dark and I still need to give my mum the flower crown."

"Look, go and see her. You can finish your shift earlier and make it up sometime during the week."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Harry took his apron off, placing it on his hook before grabbing his bag and flowers and heading back to the graveyard.

"Hi mum, Paul let me off work early. I didn't have time to make the flower crown before I came here so I'm just going to sit here and make it. I asked about working extra shifts but he said no so I'm going to have to find another job." Harry sighed, "I'm going to be working 3 jobs. I know they're only part time and I shouldn't be complaining but I just want some time to do normal things sometimes. Anyway, um I should probably go. Uncle John will be mad if I'm not home in time. I love you, happy birthday." He placed the flower crown down gently on her grave before standing up and brushing his hands off.

He bit his lip as he looked up at the awful house in front of him. It was in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint as patches of grey had clearly taken over the peeling white. The front garden was overgrown, so overgrown that the path could hardly be seen, and the windows were grimy. This is what happened when he had to work all of the time. He had no time to look after the house.

He gently unlocked the front door, creeping inside.

"Harry! Come here." Harry winced, turning to face his uncle. "Where the fuck do you think you're going?"

"To my room."

"Don't get smart with me boy." His uncle stormed over, grabbing his hair and yanking his head to look up at him. Harry screwed his nose up as the stench of alcohol flooded his nostrils. "I want you to tidy the kitchen, and on Sunday you can sort out the front of the house. We don't want people thinking something's up, do we?"

"N-no. B-but um I have a test tomorrow that I really need to study for...I-"

"Shut up!" He shoved him against the wall. "I don't fucking care if you have a test. Go and clean the fucking kitchen, got it?"

"Y-yes uncle." Harry nodded quickly, scurrying away. He'd gotten off easily that time, luckily.

What a fucking tragic life he lived.