Chapter 13

"Miss, is Harry in today?" Louis asked.

"It doesn't seem it, he hasn't called in though."

"Oh, alright." Louis frowned, where was he? As much as he disliked the boy, he felt sorry for him. What Zayn had done was horrible.

//

"One second!" Louis called out as someone knocked on the front door. He pulled on his top before running down the stairs and opening the door. "Styles?" Louis took in Harry's curls, his face was aimed at the ground, his hair covering parts of it.

"Hi...can I come in? M-my uncle has people over and he wanted me out of the way...I thought we could maybe do some of the project." He mumbled shyly, "if you're not busy that is."

"Okay, yeah. Come in. Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine."

"Jesus Christ! What happened?" Louis exclaimed as he properly took in Harry's bruised face.

"Tripped over into the cabinet." He avoided eye contact as he played with his sleeves.

"Oh, right. Um Zayn got your uniform back. I have it upstairs."

"Really?" Harry sighed in relief, "thank god. I take it he was the one who did all that yesterday then..."

"Yeah."

"He's not going to give me my money back, is he?" Harry looked defeated.

"He's spent it all."

"What? On what?"

"Weed." Louis bit his lip, taking in Harry's face as a look of anger flashed through his eyes. "I know you're angry."

"It's not fair." Harry whispered. "I need that money and he just spent it all on fucking drugs."

"Why do you need it so much?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"It doesn't matter." Harry shook his head, "forget it."

"Fine. For now." Louis walked back upstairs, Harry quickly removing his shoes and following. "You can sit down you know." Louis said as Harry just stood in the middle of his room.

"Oh, um, where to?" Harry said, flustered.

"Anywhere." Louis waved his hand around, "just sit on my bed or something. Hold on, Eleanor's calling."

He swiped up as her face came into view, "hey Lou!"

"Hi babe, actually, I can't really talk right now."

Babe, Harry observed. That was new.

"Oh? Why not?" Her face dropped into a pout.

"Harry's actually here."

"Why the hell are you with that freak? You'll catch a disease."

Louis chuckled slightly, "relax. It's for a project. Anyway, I'll talk to you later, love you."

"Love you too baby, be careful." She hung up.

"Actually, I think I'm going to go and see if there are any spare shifts at work." Harry fumbled with his sleeves as he looked down.

"What? You literally just got here."

"I know, but you don't wanna be around me. It's fine. I-I can do the project on my own at work of something."

"Don't be stupid. If I cared that much I wouldn't have let you in."

"I can leave. You don't wanna catch a disease." Harry said the last part with sarcasm lacing his voice, shocking Louis.