Chapter 34

Harry lay down on the grass, head in Louis's lap as he began to make a flower crown. Louis smiled down at him, running his hands through Harry's curls.

"You're so cute." Niall grinned. Liam and Zayn nodding in agreement. "Have you been on a date yet?"

"Tonight." Louis replied, "oi, fuck off!" He flipped off two girls who had stopped to oggle at them.

"Lou, are you sure you're okay with people seeing us together?" Harry murmured, "I don't want you to be embarrassed."

"I'm not embarrassed by you Haz. I have no reason to be."

"Okay." Harry felt slightly more reassured. "Can I put this on you?"

"Go on then." Louis bent his head down, Harry placing the crown on his head.

"You look pretty." Harry giggled as Louis pouted and made a peace sign.

Zayn scoffed jokingly, smiling at the pair. "You'd never let me do that."

"Because you're not Harry." He stated simply.

//

"Louis, take that off will you?" The teacher asked again with an exasperated sigh.

"But miss-"

"His boyfriend made it for him." Zayn smirked.

"He's not my boyfriend yet." Louis glared, "but I don't wanna take it off. What's wrong with expressing myself?"

"Nothing's wrong with expressing yourself, but it's against the school policy, so you'll have to take it off."

"I object."

"For god's sake. Right, you can keep it on for this lesson but if you get told off afterwards there's nothing I can do about it."

"Thank you!" He grinned, "you're my favourite teacher now."

She rolled her eyes with an amused smile, "good to know Louis."

"You look gay." Eleanor spat from in front of Louis.

"I am gay."

"But you dated me."

"Well done."

"So you can't be gay."

"Well I am, pretty unfortunate isn't it Eleanor?"

"Are you actually joking?"

"Nope, I'm going on a date with Harry tonight."

"Harry? Fucking hell Louis, your standards have dropped."

"No they haven't, they've improved by like miles."

"Don't be so rude!" Her friend gasped, "Eleanor is way too good for you."

"Is she?" Louis asked in a bored tone, "that's nice."

"Um, mate, there's no way Eleanor's too good for Louis." Zayn laughed, "she's a bitch."

"No I'm not you dick!"

"Okay." Zayn shrugged, "if you say so, bitch."

"What the fuck?" She squealed, beginning to rant at Louis and Zayn who just ignored her.

Louis looked up from his conversation as someone knocked on the door, a small smile gracing his face as he recognised his soon-to-be boyfriend. However that smile immediately dropped as he saw how scared Harry looked.

"Um, c-can we h-have 4 of your textbooks please?" He stuttered, speaking quietly as the class stared at him, a few people whispering and laughing.

"What a freak!" Eleanor shouted, Harry shrinking further into himself.

"Shut up!" Louis threw a glue stick at her head, fighting back a smirk as she yelped and turned to glare back at him.

"Miss, can I go and see him?" Louis stood up, looking to Harry who was scratching at his wrists. "Please, this isn't going to be good for him. I need to talk to him before he gets you know, proper panicky."

"I can't let you out just to speak to him Louis."

"Please, he looks like he's about to have an anxiety attack." Louis begged.

"5 minutes. Go on." She sighed.

"Thank you." Louis jumped up, running out to where Harry was pressed against the wall, "hey, are you okay?"

"Everyone was laughing at me."

Louis didn't say anything, instead stepping forward to hug Harry, letting him bury his head in Louis's neck as Louis rubbed his back soothingly. "It's okay love. It's okay. Don't worry."

"I'm sorry Lou, I'm such a fuck up."

"No you're not, not at all. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's alright. Don't worry love." Louis moved his hand up to Harry's hair, twisting the curls around his finger.

The teacher looked outside, beckoning for Louis to come in, but Louis just held up 5 fingers with a pleading look.

They huffed with a pointed look, before giving a small nod and returning to the classroom.

"You good babe?"

Harry felt his tummy flutter at the name, looking up with a small smile, "I'm okay."

"Well I've got to go back into class but I'll see you after class yeah?"

"Yeah." Harry nodded, "where shall I meet you?"

"Outside your classroom?"

"Mhm, that sounds good."

//

"Harold, are you ready for our date?" Louis asked from the other side of the door.

Harry nodded from the bathroom, where he was trying to fix his hair, before he realised Louis couldn't see him.

"Yeah, I look a bit of a mess though." Harry admitted with a frown as he stepped out of the room.

"No you don't. You look beautiful."

Harry smiled down to the ground, taking Louis's outstretched hand. "Where are we going?"

"Secret." Louis tapped his nose with his spare hand, "c'mon, let's go."

"Okay."

The pair walked through the door, swinging their hands as they walked through a nearby field.

"Lou, why are we in a field? You're not gonna kill me are you?"

"Hmm." Louis pretended to think, "maybe, maybe not."

"You better not."

"Ah, here we are." Louis grinned, looking at what Niall had set up earlier. "Voilà."

Harry gasped, looking around. A blanket lay on the ground, food spread out across it and unlit candles, a lighter next to them.

"Lou...this is amazing." Harry threw himself at Louis, hugging him tightly, "it's wonderful. Thank you so much."

"I'm glad you like it."

Louis sat down, patting the spot next to him for Harry to join. Harry obliged, sitting cross legged next to Louis and leaning against him slightly. Louis smiled and wrapped an arm around Harry, pulling him closer and rubbing his arm lightly. Harry rested his head on Louis's shoulder, reaching for a slice of pizza.

"D'you think your mum knows about us?" Harry asked him.

"Probably. She always seems to know everything. Even before I do."

"Bet she's a psychic." Harry giggled.

"Oh, one hundred percent."