Chapter 16

"Do you have anything to eat?" Louis asked, turning around in his chair.

"Um there might be an apple or something..." Harry told him, well there goes his food for tomorrow.

"An apple?" Louis raised an eyebrow, "is that all?"

"Afraid so."

"Alright then."

"I'll go and get it." Harry stood up from the floor, brushing his hands off and walking down the stairs. He grabbed the apple before returning, panicking as he saw Louis holding his diary. "N-no, don't look in that!" Harry rushed to snatch it from his hands.

"Why not? Has it got stuff about your crush in there?"

"Just personal stuff." Harry murmured, "really personal stuff."

"Like what?"

"Stuff I don't want people to know."

"Then why did you write it down?"

"Because I didn't expect people to be snooping through my things and I need some way to let stuff out."

"Isn't that what therapy is for?"

"You think I can afford therapy?" Harry spat sarcastically.

"God you're feisty when you want to be, aren't you?" Louis said in surprise.

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not." Louis smirked.

"I am."

"And why would be sorry?"

"Because I was mean." He mumbled.

Louis's heart melted at the boy in front of him. Why the hell was his heart melting? "You weren't mean."

"Was."

"No you weren't." Louis took a bite of the apple. "Who do you have a crush on?"

"What? No-one." Harry said truthfully, he may be taking a bit of a liking to Louis, somehow, but it wasn't a crush.

"Is it the Irish kid?"

"No, no way. He's nice but nope. I told you, I don't have a crush on anyone."

"Yeah but I don't believe you. You're a 16 year old boy, you must wank over someone."

"I don't." Harry blushed furiously.

"You don't wank?'

"Stop it, this is awkward."

"Only if you let it be awkward." Louis shrugged, "I wank all the time."

"Oh...erm, good to know."

"There you go, you can wank to the thought of that now gay boy."

"'m not gonna."

"Course you are."

//

"Well, I better get going. Mum wants me home by 9."

"Okay." Harry sighed, he'd miss the company, even if it was someone who bullied him.

"Well, see ya." Louis waved.

Harry shut the door after him, locking it before sitting down at the kitchen table.

//

It was that Friday when Harry next appeared on Louis's doorstep in floods of tears. His uncle had bought yet another man home, and this time Harry almost hadn't had the chance to escape.