Chapter 3

"Harry, it's 5 to 4." Steve called from around the corner.

Harry rushed to gather his things. "Thank you again Steve, um I have to go, bye."

Without another word he left, jogging to Paul's bakery. He waved at Paul as he pulled on his apron, standing behind the counter.

"Harry?" Shit. It was his English teacher.

"Um, hello sir."

"You shouldn't be working Harry."

"I have to, I-I can't not work. I already have to miss shifts for the project." He mumbled.

"It won't hurt to take a day off. Anyway, I'll just have a cottage loaf please."

"O-okay... that'll be £1.60. Thank you, have a good day."

"You too, Mr Styles."

"Who was that?" Harry jumped at the voice behind him, he turned around to face Paul.

"Oh, it was just my English teacher."

"What did he mean about not working?"

"Um, I may have asked to be sent home earlier today. I said I didn't feel good, which was true, it's just not illness."

"Why didn't you feel good?"

"It's nothing, I was just overwhelmed." He admitted.

"You know you can just talk to me if you need to reduce your shifts."

"No, I can't do that. I-I'm fine."

"Really?"

"Honestly. It's alright."

//

"Jesus Christ Styles, hurry up!" Louis sighed. They were on their way back to Louis's house to do the project, however Harry was finding it hard to keep up with Louis. When Harry's uncle had found out he skipped school yesterday, he made made sure that Harry had gotten punished for it, the kicks and slams against the wall had hurt his ankle and he was now walking with a limp.

It didn't help that Louis and his little gang had beaten Harry up twice that day. Just for existing, of course.

To top off the pain, Harry's wrists itched like hell. After his lovely interaction with his uncle, he had somehow ended up on the bathroom floor with 20 new cuts littered across his wrists.

"Sorry." He replied, trying to quicken his pace.

Louis suddenly stopped, walking into a driveway. "Well don't just stand there, we're here."

"Oh." Harry hadn't realised. He followed Louis inside, looking around at the house. It was lovely, it was rather big but had a cosy, family vibe.

"Lou Lou!" Two identical girls ran up to him, they looked about 6 and Harry could immediately tell they were related to Louis.

"Hey Daisy, hey Phoebe." Louis crouched down, hugging them both.

"Lot Lots sad." One of them pouted.

"Lottie's sad? Why?" He lifted his head up, looking into what Harry assumed was the kitchen.

"Connor broke up with her." A new voice called before a head appeared around the corner. "Oh, who's this?"

"Oh, mum, this is Harry. He's here for a school project."

"Lovely to meet you Harry, I'm Johanna, or Jay, Louis's mum."

"Hi." Harry replied nervously.

"Where is Lottie?"

"Up in her room."